PDA

View Full Version : Oh no....

Isafari
24-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Just checked the forecast for us going to Florida and the first week looks like this....

Jul 31 Showers
Aug 1 Thunderstorms
Aug 2 Rain
Aug 3 Rain
Aug 4 Rain
Aug 5 Rain
Aug 6 Rain

Hope it improves after that!!
The main reason I didn't want to go in the summer was the rain :thumbsdown: The main attractions I go for are all cancelled when it rains - shows/parades/fireworks.

I'm actually not excited to go right now.

Tink
24-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Remember Issy, rain is often short lived in the summer. It may very well rain on a nearly daily basis, but it's not an all day rain usually.

Also, rain where? It can easily be raining in MK and not have a drop fall in EPCOT. That is one of the weirdest things about the Florida weather. Rain doesn't mean in every location, it only means that it might rain (for a short time) somewhere!

So, don't worry over much. Rain will be rain, but it doesn't mean that it will ruin your holiday. :hug2:

chief
24-07-2011, 09:14 AM
my father in law usually goes in the school summer hoildays, the rain never usually stops him from doing anything on his itinery. he says it usually rains heavy in the afternoon and soon dries hot and sunny:yes: it will be fab dont you worryxx:hug2:

daveann
24-07-2011, 11:15 AM
when it rains its only for a short time go have a drink indoors or look in the shops then when you come out the ground will be steaming and the rain will be gone :)

catrancher
24-07-2011, 11:36 AM
rain where?

I remember as a kid growing up down there that we'd be walking around in downtown St. Pete and it would be pouring on one side of the street and perfectly dry and sunny on the other.

Go figure... :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... Florida expat)

Isafari
24-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I can't help reloading the weather page all the time :lol:
It says the rain is expected during the day for approx 4 hours - at least that's not all day
Hopefully it may change a little before we go :fingers:
I think I just got a bit down when there were no sunny intervals etc - just rain.

Tink
24-07-2011, 02:01 PM
If it's not raining, it's sunny! :D

Tinkfan
24-07-2011, 03:16 PM
If it's not raining, it's sunny! :D

:anxious: Not to hi-jack but will it be a smidge cooler at the end of August? Even at night?

josh.p.
24-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Just checked the forecast for us going to Florida and the first week looks like this....

Jul 31 Showers
Aug 1 Thunderstorms
Aug 2 Rain
Aug 3 Rain
Aug 4 Rain
Aug 5 Rain
Aug 6 Rain

Hope it improves after that!!
The main reason I didn't want to go in the summer was the rain :thumbsdown: The main attractions I go for are all cancelled when it rains - shows/parades/fireworks.

I'm actually not excited to go right now.

The weather report has said rain every day that I've cared to check it since I've been here! Honestly, the rain is very short lived and it will not spoil your vacation! :hug2:

Tink
24-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Sorry to say, Sister Think, no it won't be cooler. August is still full blown HOT and HUMID summer. :yes: Usually, there is no lessening of the intensity until October when the humidity starts to lessen, but that's not a guarantee either. We've had a number of exceptionally hot and humid Octobers.

Kate
24-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Being in the rain at disney has got to be better than being in the rain here surely?! Im sure itll be fine, it never lasts long anyway!

Tinkfan
25-07-2011, 02:18 AM
:sorry: I don't do well in heat! Thank goodness we've been there and doe that!:yes: