PDA

View Full Version : Question for US people - re cinema snack

Dawn
25-07-2011, 11:04 AM
My post on the Cars 2 thread has me thinking. :mental:

How much do you pay for cinema snacks in the US? Over here it's getting outrageous - last time I took Steven I paid 7 for a regular popcorn and drink for him. That's about $10. And a UK regular is a small in the US.

catrancher
25-07-2011, 02:38 PM
It's been so long since my DW and I went to the movies that I don't remember exactly how much it was. But I do remember that it was very expensive.

I think your $10 price tag is right in line with what I remember. :eek:

Tom (:macwave:... I'll wait for the DVD...)

Johnie
25-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh yeah that sounds about right. Apparently the snack stand is where the movie theater makes all of it's money. Are your sizes HUGE too or is just us? I bought a medium size drink when we went to see HP and I swear it was 44 ounces :unsure: Ridiculous.

Dawn
25-07-2011, 04:46 PM
44oz would be enough to swim in over here. :point:

DisneyFreak
25-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Here is what it cost the DW and I to see HP7pt2:

2 tickets 3D version = $28.00
Large popcorn/large soda = $13.50

This was our first 3D experience at the movies. We splurged for the 3D tickets but neither of us was very impressed. Normally full price tickets for regular viewing is $10.50.

We don't nearly go out to the movies as much as we used to. Usually now for only those special movies like a HP or Star Trek, etc.

uscwest
25-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Donna and I don't go to the movies that often. However, for Cars 2, it cost us $13.25 each for our tickets and I think $1.00 less for Nathanael. We bought him a kids snack and Donna and I split a large popcorn and each had a large soft drink. If I remember correctly the total for the food was over $25.00.

Tinkfan
25-07-2011, 11:42 PM
The price for food or snacks is just outrageous. Candy ranges between $3.50 - $4.50, A large popcorn (free refill) is $8.50. Pop is crazy big and 2-3 people could share a large( it's also crazy expensive) I don't know what hot dogs or nachos cost but will look. A bottle of water is I believe$5.00.

Johnie
26-07-2011, 12:37 AM
44oz would be enough to swim in over here. :point:

It IS and it's ridiculous. I only bought it cause it was cheaper to go with my corn dog nuggets (I hadn't eaten lunch). I barely drank any of it so it was just a waste.

But, I will typically get the little kids combo. Very small drink, some popcorn and a small candy of some sort. haha or I sneak in my own bottle of water and candy from the $1 store :yes:

Tink
26-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Regular cinema, the prices are stupid and the food is nasty. :(

Enzian, the prices are quite reasonable, and the food is very good! It's a cool theatre, as well. :yes:

They have a limited selection of films that they play, but are known for being the one place that will show the controversial films.

Johnie
26-07-2011, 01:20 AM
What is Enzian? We have a couple of places that offer real food and movies ie: Cinebistro (which is really nice as it is 21 and over only).