PDA

View Full Version : The house that Walt Disney built is for sale

Wendy
27-07-2011, 10:23 AM
If you have $3.65 million lying around doing nothing :unsure: you could buy the house that Walt Disney built at 4053 Working Way.

Located on a one acre lot in the Los Feliz Hills, the historic four bedroom, five bath French Normandy style home was built by Walt Disney in 1932, and features painted ceilings, vaulted beamed ceilings, original stained leaded glass, billiards room, sleeping porch, swimming pool, and not surprisingly, a projection/screening room.

Take a look here (http://waltdisneylahome.com/mls/index.htm)

uscwest
27-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Why sure, I certainly have that much just lying around. NOT!!!

lozzy
27-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I would buy it even if I had the money, it's not my style at all.
I would have to rip everything out and start again, which defeats the reason for buy a house walt Disney had build.

Wendy
27-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I would buy it even if I had the money, it's not my style at all.
I would have to rip everything out and start again, which defeats the reason for buy a house walt Disney had build.

:yes: I agree Lozzy, I don't like it either.

Slowhand
27-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Nah, I`m not ready to downsize yet. :lol:

Kate
27-07-2011, 06:35 PM
well i suppose i could live there! its not as bad as i was kind of expecting it to be! Who lives there now?

mumof2
27-07-2011, 06:50 PM
a lick of paint and new furniture and it would be fine!

uscwest
27-07-2011, 07:04 PM
I just got a chance to look at all the photos? Where is the KITCHEN?

mumof2
27-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I just got a chance to look at all the photos? Where is the KITCHEN?

lol....i was looking for that!

Tink
28-07-2011, 12:48 AM
I liked most of it. Not a fan of the reddish wall and the paneling in that particular room... guess it's one of the speakeasies? :unsure:

Wasn't too thrilled with the smaller bedroom that had the two end stands with lamps that are centered in the windows. Looked like it was a room meant for another purpose.

But overall, I'd take it. :D Love the view...

Of course they'd have to come down a bit. The grounds need much work, and there is that matter of the missing kitchen... :D :D

Dawn
28-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I love the brick wall surrounding it. :D

Like the shell of the house, but not the way the current owners have dressed it. They need a few Disney snowglobes. :yes:

ukwdwnut
28-07-2011, 08:59 AM
I love the brick wall surrounding it. :D

Like the shell of the house, but not the way the current owners have dressed it. They need a few Disney snowglobes. :yes:

same here i love the look of the house but not the decor inside or the furniture, a lick of paint would soon sort that out :D

DisneyFreak
28-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Time to go to the mattresses! (but not in the Godfather sort of way :unsure:)

Shellyamc
28-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I like it :thumbsup: I would love to buy it, but we would have to pick it up and move it someplace else. I would never want to live in LA :thumbsdown: