PDA

View Full Version : airport express base station

Britchick
31-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I wondered whether this would work with the cable in the disney resorts? I seem to remember that someone said you needed to do something before you leave? i don't want to take a laptop just ipad/phones. Would it be a problem if i bought it over there?

Or is there something as compact that's a little cheaper?

thank you

keith
31-07-2011, 11:09 AM
I wondered whether this would work with the cable in the disney resorts? I seem to remember that someone said you needed to do something before you leave? i don't want to take a laptop just ipad/phones. Would it be a problem if i bought it over there?

Or is there something as compact that's a little cheaper?

thank you

works perfectly and exactly what I do :) little airport express, plug the disney resort broadband cable into it and it converts it to wifi for all your ipads/iphones etc :)

theres no setup needed when you get there but when I first got it I set it up with a wifi password and so on. I've since used it for years all over disney without changing the configuration at all :yes:

Britchick
31-07-2011, 11:10 AM
thanks Keith, it is cheaper in US, may look at getting it shipped in US to our first hotel. There's a refurbished one on the US site for $69 with free postage. :wiggle:

keith
31-07-2011, 11:19 AM
thanks Keith, it is cheaper in US, may look at getting it shipped in US to our first hotel. There's a refurbished one on the US site for $69 with free postage. :wiggle:

I love it I really do and wouldnt be without it any more :yes: that's before we consider all the useful things it can do when not on holiday like sharing a printer, broadcasting itunes music into any room you like with proper speakers etc

catrancher
31-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I've got a couple of them I use at the house as part of a WDS. Love them. Had them for years and they've been bullet proof. Haven't taken one with me to Disney yet but then again, I haven't been to Disney with my Macbook or iPad yet either.
Next time however, my iPad's going with me as well as one of my Airport Expresses! :yes:

Tom (:macwave:... veni, vidi, codi...)