PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you been to Disney?

disneymom
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Im a bit bored today and thinking about Disney

How many times have you been and when was your first trip/last trip?

We've only been twice so far, once in 2009 and once in 2010 but we're going again soon :)

Where have you stayed?

Our fave has been the polynesian :wiggle:

uscwest
01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I've been to Disneyland twice, once with my DW.

Disneyworld we have have been to MANY times. We have stayed at all of the All Star Resorts, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. We'll be staying at Coronado Springs in November.

Slowhand
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
My DW and I have been to Disneyland [LA] once around 20 years ago.

We started going to WDW in Florida around 1983 and have benn regular visitors ever since.
We have stayed at the GF oodles of times, WL & OKW [we have been DVC members since 1992].
Now that we own a villa over there, this is where we spend most of our vaction time, although we also still stay at the GF for a few days on most of our trips.

lisaw
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
6 times soon to be 7! After this trip that will be 16 weeks spent in Orlando, the vast majority of that in WDW. I still get just as excited as I did the first time too! :lol:

Stayed in a villa the first two times then All Star Movies twice, Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom villas and soon the be Boardwalk Villas. Love all the resorts for different reasons.

robertcraig
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Been to FLORIDA 21 times visited wdw every time. First time 1981 will be back this year again

Shellyamc
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Only 2 times for us, but very soon to be 3 :mental:

1st trip was our honeymoon in 2000
2nd trip was our 5th anniversary in 2005

I guess we should have gone last year for our 10th anniversary to keep the pattern, but our little man was just too small to take a big Disney vacation. Only 71 more days!!! :wiggle:

Tink
01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Really wish we'd kept count of the number of times we've been. :sigh:

Stayed? Well, lessee... Beach Club, All Star Music and Sports, Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West (Of course) Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Kidani Village, Polynesian (Concierge Level as a free upgrade) Bay Lake Towers, Vero Beach (not WDW, but you get the idea).

We've not ever stayed at a moderate. Would like to, just haven't gotten to one yet. Nor have we stayed at GF. We'll do that one day too, but so far not yet.

No interest in staying at the Yacht Club.

First time? 12/27/92 a day trip to MK. Came away not liking WDW. :eek: (Seriously)! Went back in '96 and all was well. Learned it was the people I was with the first time, not the MK.

Last visit? Ummm... :D today! LOL. Mondays are bad for me, so we went for a few hours this afternoon. Actually helped a bit... had lunch at the Rose and Crown.

Britchick
01-08-2011, 10:18 PM
About to be 10 or 11 :unsure:

Have stayed in all stars music, pop century, coronado springs, polynesian, contemporary, animal kingdom lodge, old key west. also stayed in villas 3 times and a days inn our first trip in 1997. About to stay in old key west again very soon :thumbsup::tongue:

BUTTERHEAD1
01-08-2011, 10:41 PM
My wife and I went to WDW for the first time way back when we were just boyfriend-girlfriend (she was also my sisters friend). Somehow we convinced my Mom that she should allow her to come with us on our family vacation. This was 1986 I was eighteen at the time.
My second trip was when my wife and I got married in 1994. After a week Honeymooning in Aruba we went to WDW and spent a week there as well. This is when we fell in love with Disney.
We had our son in 1996 and 3 years later we began our yearly trip to WDW sometimes we would go twice a year. He is now 15. My daughter is 10 and has been to Disney every year(except for last year) since she was in my wifes belly. Our next trip makes 17 visits for us. We also went to Disney Land a few years ago, a fun place and a must do for Disney fans but in my opinion it is no where near as nice as WDW.

Tink
01-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Oh! Forgot to mention, that part. We too have been to Disney Land. Once. It was nice enough, but wouldn't rush to go again. I appreciate the history of it, but WDW is Disney to me/us.

ukwdwnut
02-08-2011, 12:50 AM
so far we have been to WDW four times, 2000, 2002, 2004, would have been 5 but had to cancel thru job redundancy, 2006 :( and the last trip in 2008. have always stayed at a villa, cant ever see us staying in a hotel for 2 weeks really although i would love to spend a few days maybe at a moderate or a deluxe, have no interest in the all stars or pop century whatsoever :nono: the only time ive ever set foot on a disney property (hotel) was the last trip we had a walk around the lake at the boardwalk and walking thru the hotel it looked awesome, but ive nothing to compare it too so i dont know if the rest are the same

kazzaqld
02-08-2011, 06:09 AM
I have been 3 times - and maybe will go again one day....
:thumbsup: