PDA

View Full Version : problem with smilies

lisaw
02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Not sure if it's me or if there is a problem on the boards but everytime I add a smilie to a post everything goes haywire. The site flashes and goes black and repeats itself down the page <--- very technical me! :won'taddlaughingsmiliehere!:

If I shut the page down and come back in it works again! :unsure:

Dizneyblonde
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
You've broken them with overuse because you are going on holiday and I'm not!
:taunt::tongue:

Dizneyblonde
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Smilies working ok for me!
:thumbsup:

Wendy
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
It happens to me sometimes and then other times it works fine :unsure: I think it's because they haven't been categorised and because there are so many of them, it takes a while to load.

ukwdwnut
02-08-2011, 04:14 PM
It happens to me sometimes and then other times it works fine :unsure: I think it's because they haven't been categorised and because there are so many of them, it takes a while to load.

i dont think what lisa is describing has to do with the categorising, that sounds like something different altogether. the whole smiley page populates for me after about 20secs, but im on a slow 3 meg connection speed :(

Britchick
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
I think it can sense you're over excited! :tongue:

Dawn
02-08-2011, 06:07 PM
I get the same problem as Lisa if I try to open up the smilie window.:unsure:

Wendy
02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
i dont think what lisa is describing has to do with the categorising, that sounds like something different altogether. the whole smiley page populates for me after about 20secs, but im on a slow 3 meg connection speed :(

I just thought it was connected because I know there were some problems a while ago with this.

I get exactly the same as Lisa and Dawn, unless I type it in manually, or use the ones on the right of the box, I don't bother with smilies any more. :shrug:

Dawn
03-08-2011, 07:12 AM
unless I type it in manually, or use the ones on the right of the box, I don't bother with smilies any more. :shrug:

yep same here :shrug:

ukwdwnut
03-08-2011, 09:03 AM
hmmm, then it must be connected somehow, dont understand why tho. but they do need sorting out, its a pain in the proverbial looking for them and the colouring is just horrendous to see what they are. i very rarely open that window because they are so hard to find.

what browser are you all using?

Wendy
05-08-2011, 10:43 AM
It happens with IE9, IE8, Chrome and the lastest Firefox :unsure:

ukwdwnut
05-08-2011, 10:51 AM
It happens with IE9, IE8, Chrome and the lastest Firefox :unsure:

ive got IE9 & the latest firefox and nothing happens when i open up the smiley window. :unsure:

ukwdwnut
05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
ive got IE9 & the latest firefox and nothing happens when i open up the smiley window. :unsure:

does anyone belong to another forum that this is happening to? if so see if its the same on there!!