PDA

View Full Version : Your Very First Trip To See The Mouse

ukwdwnut
12-08-2011, 10:56 PM
with the kids....how did you tell them or did you keep it a secret?

with our first trip i wanted to to keep it a secret, but the wife had other ideas. isafari sent me a load of disney pamplets and we wrapped them up to give to lauren and michael half each as a christmas present. to say they were disappointed when they unwrapped them is an understatement :lol:they said what do we do with these, then it clicked with lauren who was 14 at the time and all hell broke lose they couldnt contain themselves. it was really so amzing to see that they were so excited that they were going to florida and disney to see mickey mouse, as lauren was a big fan from a really young age :D

below is a photo od when she was 3 years old and a big mickey fan

Shellyamc
12-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I will come back and post in around 60 days :D Right now it is totally a secret. :mental: I think the plan is to tell them when the van is packed and we are ready to leave. That is the plan anyway.. :lol:

Tinkfan
13-08-2011, 02:00 AM
with the kids....how did you tell them or did you keep it a secret?

with our first trip i wanted to to keep it a secret, but the wife had other ideas. isafari sent me a load of disney pamplets and we wrapped them up to give to lauren and michael half each as a christmas present. to say they were disappointed when they unwrapped them is an understatement :lol:they said what do we do with these, then it clicked with lauren who was 14 at the time and all hell broke lose they couldnt contain themselves. it was really so amzing to see that they were so excited that they were going to florida and disney to see mickey mouse, as lauren was a big fan from a really young age :D

below is a photo od when she was 3 years old and a big mickey fan

Aww soo cute!

chief
14-08-2011, 05:18 PM
last easter i did a treasure hunt which my 2 boys had to solve the clues which took them all around the house. the final clue led them to their bedroom with an invitation i had printed off for them inviteing them to wdw. they were over the moon to say the least:yes:
this happened in the easter before they were due to go [2009] we went in 2010.
i wanted them to enjoy the build up to it and look forward to it as much as me and dh did:yes:
this year diane [isafari] posted a card from micky when she was in florida earlier in the year.
this was also a hit as they happened to be home when the postcard arrived,it was great:yes:

Sam
14-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Mick how gorgeous is that picture.

The plan was to keep it a secret from the kids but unfortunately I gave in as I was fit to burst, I had to tell somebody.

Couldn't do it this time either.