PDA

View Full Version : anyone been on the new virgin a330?

Cinderella94
17-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Just wondered if anyone had been on one of the new virgin planes yet and if so what are the good economy seats :)

thanx

Wendy
17-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I haven't but I know someone who has :)

I think Isafari went on this when she flew over this month. She is on occasionally whilst she is away, so she might be able to give you more information, if not I'm sure she will when she comes home.

Kate
17-08-2011, 10:27 AM
i hope there are photos too!

Isafari
18-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Just wondered if anyone had been on one of the new virgin planes yet and if so what are the good economy seats :)

:yes: and we loved the experience.
You can tell immediately that the plane isn't as wide when you get on and the isles are about 25% narrower too...and of course you have 2 engines not four.

However, the entertainment system is so cool. No more having to watch movies at a particular time as you start/pause and stop them at a time to suit yourself. Games are cool too. You also get 4 versions of the skymap to watch.
Unless you actually want to play the games you don't need to use the handset - just tap the buttons next to the screen.

One big bonus - the restrooms are soooooo much bigger.

Seats were comfy and the blankets we got weren't scratchy :lol:

Having sets of two seats all the way up both sides of the plane is a bonus for us being a couple.

Kate
18-08-2011, 07:47 AM
only 2 engines?! quite liked having 4! :unsure:

are the window seats all in sets of 2 now then? makes it a bit hard for a family of 3 to get a window seat if they are - although by the time we go again who knows how many there will be in our party! :lol:

catrancher
18-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Here's a link to the seating chart for the Virgin A330-300 (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us/allaboutus/ourfleet/index.jsp?type=14). :airplane:

Tom (:macwave:... bigish bird!)

Esmeralda
18-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Nothing worse than those teensy weensy bathrooms. I hate them with a passion especially when you hit turbulance while in there.

I'm one of those people who has to clean the toilet before use, I clean every bit of it then have to sanitise and wash my hands then I can go.... what a performance, and don't get me started on the state of the floor :( Some guys just couldn't aim straight if their bliddy lives depended on it... disgusting....

I may get some curious looks when I go in fully armed with sani wipes, it used to be a whole bottle of spray but that liquid thing killed that idea off. So now it's a big pack of wipes. Tip: You need to be behind me in the line for the bathroom because I can guarantee you that it will be spotless after me!

The taps get wiped, the door handle and the door lock and the floor and anything else I may have to touch. OCD? Nah not much! LOL!

I really want those hospital shoe covers for next time, anyone know where I can get some from...apart from the hospital that is... lol. And YES I would put them on.... you kidding me!

catrancher
18-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I hate them with a passion especially when you hit turbulance while in there.

Or if a bat gets in there! :mental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXLnJYjL2OE

Tom (:macwave:... it's twue I tell ya! Twue!)

Esmeralda
18-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Wow! How did that get in there? Hope it had a visa?

catrancher
18-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Hope it had a visa?

Didn't need one. It was a domestic flight! :ROFL:

How it got through TSA security is another matter. :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... going batty!)

Slowhand
18-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Issy, is it true that there are no UC seats on the Manchester/MCO airbus? :unsure:

keith
18-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Issy, is it true that there are no UC seats on the Manchester/MCO airbus? :unsure:

Not Issy :lol: but yeah it's true that for now there are no UC seats on the 330 from manchester. At present if you want UC, they'll recommend vs73/74 which are the old 747s. However, they've also said that the next set of A330s will have UC as well as PE/E so it should be a short lived problem :yes:

Dawn
18-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I really want those hospital shoe covers for next time, anyone know where I can get some from...apart from the hospital that is... lol. And YES I would put them on.... you kidding me!

Our local swimming pool has those so that you can walk around poolside without taking your shoes off. Next time I'm there I'll grab a load. :tongue:

chief
18-08-2011, 02:35 PM
esmerelda i would love to be on a plane with you:yes:,
you can buy a big box full of those shoe covers i think ive seen them at costco:unsure:
sandwhich bags with a tie arond them may also work:ROFL:

Slowhand
18-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Not Issy :lol: but yeah it's true that for now there are no UC seats on the 330 from manchester. At present if you want UC, they'll recommend vs73/74 which are the old 747s. However, they've also said that the next set of A330s will have UC as well as PE/E so it should be a short lived problem :yes:
Thanks Keith.
That confirms what one of the flight attendants told us on our last trip, but I wasn`t sure if she was really "in the know". :thumbsup:

Wendy
18-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks Keith.
That confirms what one of the flight attendants told us on our last trip, but I wasn`t sure if she was really "in the know". :thumbsup:

She obviously was :D

Esmeralda
18-08-2011, 06:49 PM
you can buy a big box full of those shoe covers i think ive seen them at costco:unsure:
Dawn just wants to see me glide...aka slip slide down the aisle.... I know her....:unsure: She's not being helpful, she's being mean.... but then she wouldn't be our Dawn if she was anything else lol. She's a wicked wicked girl! If I don't get any I'm going to use plastic carrier bags lol.

Dawn
18-08-2011, 06:54 PM
You could always ask the flight crew for a couple of duty free carrier bags. :thumbsup:

ukwdwnut
19-08-2011, 12:58 AM

id hate to be behind busting a gut to go from waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, :( :lol:

Kate
19-08-2011, 06:47 AM
id hate to be behind busting a gut to go from waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, :( :lol:

and i wouldnt want to be the one going in after you after youve been waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting! :lol:

Esmeralda
19-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Lol, the flight attendants have knocked on the door, several times on different flights, because I have been taking ages cleaning the darn thing before I use it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread :( :hug2:

Dawn
19-08-2011, 07:21 AM
One thing you would hate about Cyprus then is that the public toilets are not kept to Florida standards. Jus' warning you 'k? :eek:

Wendy
19-08-2011, 08:54 AM
One thing you would hate about Cyprus then is that the public toilets are not kept to Florida standards. Jus' warning you 'k? :eek:

Do some of the public toilets still have waste bins :sick007: :unsure:

Dawn
19-08-2011, 09:46 AM
All of them do - the sewage system can't handle paper.

Wendy
19-08-2011, 10:28 AM
All of them do - the sewage system can't handle paper.

When we went, that was the only thing that Chris wanted, a toilet that had a proper sewage system :lol: Men!!! :rolleyes:

Dawn
19-08-2011, 10:44 AM
The one we stopped at up the Troodos didn't have a bin. That was because it was a hole in the floor that led who knows where. :lol:

And as a tenuous link to the original post on this thread - we flew on an airbus both ways to Larnaca and back and it was very adequate. Wouldn't fancy it for long haul though unless the seat pitch was slightly bigger. And wider.

Kate
19-08-2011, 04:04 PM
not so bad on the way out, but definately wider on the way back! :lol:

Esmeralda
20-08-2011, 06:28 AM
The one we stopped at up the Troodos didn't have a bin. That was because it was a hole in the floor that led who knows where. :lol:

*squeaks*:unsure:

Dawn
20-08-2011, 06:32 AM
It was a clean hole though. :D

Esmeralda
20-08-2011, 08:01 PM
It was a clean hole though. :D

Talking of which... how's the hole in your back yard? Is it filled in yet or still a hole?