PDA

View Full Version : different type of phone service?

foreverducky
17-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Ok, so I need another phone line, which is suppose be more of a landline, however, I don't think I can add anything to my apt due to it being partially furnished and restrictions.

I need a phone line where in case of an emergency situation I can be reached. So this number will not be used often.

That being said, I am looking into alternative phone services since my cell is not good enough by itself.

I have thought about magicjack, vonage, and google voice.

I had initially ordered magicjack, but then cancelled my ordered after I thought about google voice. Google voice is free.

Then I thought about vonage, which I thought could be more reliable.

Anyone have any experience with any of these?

catrancher
17-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't have personal experience but I know a lot of people who have Vonage. They all like it real well as long as your internet connection is consistent and reliable.

Tom (:macwave:... I need to check it out myself...)

Wendy
17-08-2011, 03:47 PM
We stayed in a house that had vonage - we found it a real pain. If you were on the phone and then the other person went on the internet you lost the phone call and vice versa :( if you wanted to make a call you had to go upstairs to get a good signal.

It was probably just the house were were in, but I'd check all the pros and cons before making a decision :yes:

foreverducky
17-08-2011, 10:13 PM
What a pain this whole process is. Thanks for the input though, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Tink
18-08-2011, 12:05 AM
One of my staff has Magic Jack and uses it with no problems.

Johnie
18-08-2011, 01:05 AM
I know you said the apt comes with internet and cable. Perhaps you could ask the management company if they have a deal to be able to add a landline.

foreverducky
18-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I know you said the apt comes with internet and cable. Perhaps you could ask the management company if they have a deal to be able to add a landline.

That's definitely an option to look into.