PDA

View Full Version : Favourite disney film?

disneymom
04-08-2008, 11:44 AM
whats your favourite ever disney film :) however embarrassing :lol:

Tink
04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Gosh, this is too hard. :(

First ones that come to mind are Bambi and Thomasina the Cat with Nine Lives. But then I loved Old Yeller, and Mary Poppins, and Snow White, and Dumbo, and Aladdin, and Nemo... Cinderella... nope. Can't pick just one. :sorry:

disneymom
04-08-2008, 11:46 AM
little mermaid for me I think

Tink
04-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh yes! I loved that one too! :yes:

Skywatcher
04-08-2008, 12:43 PM
The Lion King - lisa and I watched it in the cinema together 18 times

Figment
04-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Gosh, this is too hard. :(

First ones that come to mind are Bambi and Thomasina the Cat with Nine Lives. But then I loved Old Yeller, and Mary Poppins, and Snow White, and Dumbo, and Aladdin, and Nemo... Cinderella... nope. Can't pick just one. :sorry:

Tink...forgive me love, but it's *The Three Lives of Thomasina*. It's one of my favorites as well.:p015:

I also love *Child of Glass*. I've not seen it in years, and I keep trying to find it for Jordan to see.

My favorite animated has got to be *Lilo and Stitch*.

Dawn
04-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Can't pick just one. Likng Lilo and Stitch right now. But every time I watch Mulan I realise how genuinely funny it is. But then I watch Bambi and it's such a beautifully drawn film. Then I watch Beauty and the Beast and...

Well you get the picture.:D

Skywatcher
04-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Hunchback is very special to us as well as it came out when we were at Disney the first time - we watched the cast member premiere at midnight at the cinema in downtown Disney - next day we went to the Disney institute and met some of the animators it was awesome, next day we sw th premiere of the show at MGM and will always be very special - the music for this film has never been beaten IMHO

MystikPiglit
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
The one that holds a special place in my heart is Sleeping Beauty as it's the first film my dear Father took me to see. Although it was decades ago I can still remember how happy I was.

Other than that I can't pick just one, there are too many that I love.

piglet
04-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Another vote for The Lion King, love it

Debbie2
04-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Lion King for me too...love the music

Claire
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Mary Poppins wthout a doubt!

Disneybumble
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Gosh The Lion king or Beauty and the Beast but then there's Mary Poppins and now i love enchanted.

ukwdwnut
04-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Lion King for me, i just prefer drawn disney films

Taja
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Hmmmmmm...

Overall, probably Mary Poppins. It wasn't the first film to combine live action with animation, but it was the best IMHO. If I remember correctly, not at all like the book. This is one case where I prefer the film version! :lol:

Skywatcher
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM
The animated films are for me the heart of Disney - it lost it a little in recent years but Pixar has saved the animation side of Disney big time - they have not made a bad film - principally because they put the stiry at the heart of the film

Johnie
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
oh man, I can't pick just one.....

Mary Poppins because it is beyond awesome!

The Lion King because the opening can make the hair on my arms stand up

Beauty and the Beast because Belle is smart and doesn't *need* a man. It was also the first Disney movie Alysia remembers

Lilo and Stich because Lilo reminds me of myself and she loves Elvis too!

Sleeping Beauty because Malificent is so amazingly wicked!

I could go on and on.....

Dorothy
05-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Aladdin and Lion King for me :D

Britchick
05-08-2008, 04:38 PM
hunchback- just love the music and the story
lion king
beauty and teh beast
little mermaid

lisaw
05-08-2008, 06:39 PM
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Lilo and Stitch

Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Petes Dragon was the first film I ever saw on VHS when we first got our recorder in about 1981. :D

cathydisneynut
05-08-2008, 09:07 PM
For the music: Jungle Book
Film which makes me laugh and cry: Tarzan
Nostalgia: The Computer wore Tennis Shoes (1st Disney film I saw)
Ultimate favourite: Beauty and The Beast

Tink
06-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Is it the Three Lives, Figment? Thanks! It's been ages... I don't often find others who like it so it's nice to know you do! :yes:

Tink
06-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Oh yes, The Jungle Book! :yes:

Pollyanna, too. And The Swiss Family Robinson. :yes: Saw those as a kid, but found the books Pollyanna and Pollyanna Grows Up in an attic like room in my Grandmother's house. LOVED those books! :yes:

OOOOOH! Peter Pan of course! :eek: Can't forget that one.

Lion King, yes. :yes: Hunchback! Beautifully done. :yes:

SEEEE? I toleya' I couldn't do this! :sigh;