PDA

View Full Version : Disney RFID Wristbands Rumors

Wendy
17-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Could this be true or just rumor? Is there new technology about to be announced at Disney Parks and Resorts?

At the moment guests use their “Key to the World” as their hotel room key, credit card, park ticket, Disney Dining Plan card, fast passes, etc. Rumor has it that Disney will be switching to customizable wristbands.

The current plan would offer a basic wristband, you choose your color, with the built in RFID (Radio Frequency Identification- translation- technology that allows a unique code to be wirelessly be transmitted under close range).

So how does it work? Well rumor is:

The wristband will be used to open your resort door.

The wristband will be your ticket into all theme parks.

You will be able to use your wristband to charge all your purchases, food, souvenirs, etc.

You will be able to use your wristband to gather Fast passes and also Photo passes.

The rumor also states that you can customize your wristband (for an extra fee) with characters, your name, etc.

9163.vB ........ 9164.vB

DisneyFreak
17-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Too risky if you ask me.

Mari
17-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Nice idea.... but it sounds expensive .....and yes, I agree, a bit risky

Britchick
17-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Or they could put a chip in the back of my neck! .....nah don't like it

Tink
18-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Well, I think the bands are pretty! :yes: Hope they have one with Tink on it! :D

Johnie
18-08-2011, 01:04 AM
It's convenient. I have used the gift card wristlets at the food and wine festival and it is SO convenient. However, not all people like to wear things around their wrists. It would be nice if you have this as a choice and the traditional key card.

Tinkfan
18-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Well, I think the bands are pretty! :yes: Hope they have one with Tink on it! :D

:tongue: What she said!

catrancher
18-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Or they could put a chip in the back of my neck! .....nah don't like it

Then we could call you "Britchip"! :ROFL:

Tom (:macwave:... where's George Orwell when you need him?)

uscwest
18-08-2011, 11:05 AM
So I wonder how this would work for those of us with APs? I'm not too sure I'm keen on the idea.

Dawn
18-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Would they still work once my high factor suncream has impregnated it? :unsure:

Dawn
18-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Then we could call you "Britchip"! :ROFL:

Tom (:macwave:... where's George Orwell when you need him?)

:rotfl: