View Full Version : Surprise holiday

29-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Hello all

First proper posting on the website :-) hope you're all well?

Looking for a consensus please:

I've booked, in secret, two weeks in Florida next September. I haven't told the wife yet as I want to it be a huge surprise. The dilemma though is this: do I tell her on a) her birthday b) at Christmas c) on valentine's d) our anniversary ? They are all between now and our holiday....

We have both been before a few times, and we are both huge fans, so going back will be something really to look forward to..

Anyway, hope to hear from you all.

29-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh my gosh! Any of the four options would be amazing BUT, my opinion is.... on birthdays and Christmas, you normally receive gifts etc from others too. On Valentine's Day and your anniversary, it would pack more of a punch as it would only be yourself giving to your wife.

Does that make sense :unsure: It does in my head :confused:

29-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I agree! Valentine or Anniversary :yes:

You could do a big puzzle game on the day as she would have to work it out maybe write 6 clues and give it to her every hour?

29-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I wish my husband would do something like that :yes:
When is your anniversary? I suppose it all depends on how long you can last without telling her

29-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Hello. Thanks for your suggestions. Anniversary is June next year so a long time to wait.. Thinking Valentines might be best...? Not sure I can keep it a secret much longer than that! Six months feels like a long time to keep something that big quiet!! :wiggle:

29-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I would tell her on your Anniversary. This would give you plenty of time to put together everything. Give her one small gift to open up for a few days before your anniversary (hint gifts) and then on your day the final gift could have park passes, park maps, reservations for dinning, maybe a reservation for a spa service, etc for her to open.

29-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I vote for Valentine's day :yes: Nothing says love like a WDW vacation!!! :D

30-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Welcome! What a nice surprise! :yes:

I think the anniversary or Valentine's Day is a great idea. :yes: I think I like the St. Valentine's Day idea the best. It's a pretty impressive gift though. How you going to "top" it next time? :D

30-08-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm hoping that it will be a big enough surprise that I get enough brownie points to last a few years :) It's either that or save for a 'round the world trip'....:unsure:

30-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I like the Valentine's Day idea myself.

30-08-2011, 05:45 PM
i dont mean to be awkward lol but i would go for christmas, what a great supprise though whenever you tell her.
i would be popping so i would tell whichever comes first lol:yes: