PDA

View Full Version : boats?

iluvdisney
30-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Anyone know where the boats go between the magic kingdom and which resorts please?

complicated plans are being made but we need to know if the boat goes everywhere like between the contemporary and poly and wilderness lodge

catrancher
30-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Partly. The resort launches provide transportation between the Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, the Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness.

Oddly enough, the Contemporary isn't on the list. :unsure:

We've used them in the past for our transportation from the Wilderness Lodge to the Grand Floridian for a dinner at Victoria and Alberts! :yes:

Tom (:macwave:... sailing, sailing :sail:)

uscwest
30-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Partly. The resort launches provide transportation between the Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, the Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness.

Oddly enough, the Contemporary isn't on the list. :unsure:

We've used them in the past for our transportation from the Wilderness Lodge to the Grand Floridian for a dinner at Victoria and Alberts! :yes:

Tom (:macwave:... sailing, sailing :sail:)Doesn't the Wilderness Lodge boat stop at the Contemporary? I thought I read something about that.

catrancher
30-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Doesn't the Wilderness Lodge boat stop at the Contemporary? I thought I read something about that.

I thought it did too John. But I checked on Disney's site about the boat transportation and the contemporary isn't listed. Kind of bizarre considering you have to go right past it to get from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

Edit: just checked again. Nope. Per this page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/contemporary-resort/transportation/)about the transportation at the Contemporary.

Tom (:macwave:... maybe they just forgot to include it on the web page? :unsure:)

Britchick
30-08-2011, 02:44 PM
It did used to for sure as I've done it

DisneyFreak
30-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I thought it did too John. But I checked on Disney's site about the boat transportation and the contemporary isn't listed. Kind of bizarre considering you have to go right past it to get from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

Edit: just checked again. Nope. Per this page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/contemporary-resort/transportation/)about the transportation at the Contemporary.

Tom (:macwave:... maybe they just forgot to include it on the web page? :unsure:)

There are two smaller boats that go between The Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground. If you want one of the larger boats to the Magic Kingdom those only stop at Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground.

If you aren't in a hurry you could catch one of the boats from The Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge and then catch a boat to MK.

gwennie81
31-08-2011, 04:02 AM
I stayed with friends at Fort Wilderness in July. There was a boat that shuttled from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge to the Contemporary. (From there we got on the monorail to go to the Polynesian).

There was another boat that shuttled from Fort Wilderness directly to MK.

There should be a boat that shuttles directly from Contemporary to MK, or you can just hop on the monorail.

DisneyFreak
31-08-2011, 12:32 PM
There should be a boat that shuttles directly from Contemporary to MK

This is no longer offered.

gwennie81
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
This is no longer offered.

Monorail it is! LOL!

It's wild riding the boat from FW. The lake is built over the tunnel that the resort busses go under to get to the bus corral up by the entrance to MK!

DisneyFreak
01-09-2011, 12:27 PM
It's wild riding the boat from FW. The lake is built over the tunnel that the resort busses go under to get to the bus corral up by the entrance to MK!

I used to love going over that in the little water boats when I was younger.