PDA

View Full Version : Minor operation

Deafjeff
04-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi guys,

I am going into hospital tomorrow for a minor operation and should be home tomorrow. No work for two weeks :yes:

I am just wondering if anyone here know of a good cream that heals scar? There are so many information on the internet and I am not sure which product is suitable.

I was told that bio-oil is not good for scar......

Any tips would be very welcomed.

Tink
04-09-2011, 03:25 PM
The only thing I've ever heard of using to help erase scarring is cocoa butter. The actual bar, not a product that contains it. It used to come in a small bar like white chocolate and you simply rubbed it over the scar several times daily (or stretch mark).

Not honestly sure how well it works, though. :sorry:

I know there must be newer products out now.

Be safe, and good luck to you with the surgery. Sending every good wish that you recover fully, and fast! :hug2:

chief
04-09-2011, 04:23 PM
all the best jeff, i was suppose to be having my gall bladder op tomorow but i have put it on hold for a few weeks to settle in to my new job, although last night i nearly cut my gall bladder out it was so painful!!!:tongue:
when i do have the surgery i will not put anything on it until it heals about 2-3 weeks, then i will put some aloe vera gel on it every day.
i have had 5 operations on my tummy over the last 5 years and i do scar quite bad. i think times is the best medicne. [my bikini days are well over:tongue:]
i have used bio oil and it is a good moisteriser but cos it is an oil it ruins your clothes, aloe vera gel doesnt. i get mine from holland and barrat.
all the best, i will be thinking of you, sara:hug2:

Deafjeff
04-09-2011, 04:40 PM
all the best jeff, i was suppose to be having my gall bladder op tomorow but i have put it on hold for a few weeks to settle in to my new job, although last night i nearly cut my gall bladder out it was so painful!!!:tongue:
when i do have the surgery i will not put anything on it until it heals about 2-3 weeks, then i will put some aloe vera gel on it every day.
i have had 5 operations on my tummy over the last 5 years and i do scar quite bad. i think times is the best medicne. [my bikini days are well over:tongue:]
i have used bio oil and it is a good moisteriser but cos it is an oil it ruins your clothes, aloe vera gel doesnt. i get mine from holland and barrat.
all the best, i will be thinking of you, sara:hug2:

Thanks for the tip and good luck with setting in your new job.

Hopefully your op won't be too long.

daveann
04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
just want to say good luck hope everything goes well :)

mainecoon lover
04-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Hope all goes well. I though Bio oil was good for scars, think you can get some type of patch as well.

Kate
04-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Best of luck for tomorrow - wishing you a speedy recovery! :yes: :hug2:

Tink
04-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Have a look here...

http://scarhelpcenter.com/default.aspx

Deafjeff
04-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Have a look here...

http://scarhelpcenter.com/default.aspx

Will have a look when I get back from the hospital tomorrow :yes:

Tink
04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
:hug2: :hug2:

Dawn
05-09-2011, 05:55 AM
Hope it goes well for you Jeff. :hug2:

chief
05-09-2011, 06:58 AM
hope you are all ready, take it easy when you come home:hug2:

Deafjeff
05-09-2011, 07:03 AM
hope you are all ready, take it easy when you come home:hug2:

Just had a light breakfast before the cut off time :yes:

No cuppa until the op late this afternoon :sorry:

It amazing how you want something badly when you have been told that you are not allow to have!

chief
05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
yes thats true:yes:
when i was having a scan on my gall bladder a few weeks ago i couldnt have anything to eat or a drink with milk in. i soooo badly wanted a cuppa with milk!!!
its best to keep yourself busy or listen to music etc to keep your mind off it:yes:

Deafjeff
05-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Will try and listen to the music but doubt I can hear it :point:

I am working this morning from home before going into hospital so hopefully it'll gives me the distraction i need :yes:

Deb
05-09-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi Jeff :wave: Hope it goes well for you later :hug2: Another vote here for Aloe Vera gel :thumbsup:

I won't tell you that I am sitting writing this with a big cuppa by my side :D

Deafjeff
05-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi Jeff :wave: Hope it goes well for you later :hug2: Another vote here for Aloe Vera gel :thumbsup:

I won't tell you that I am sitting writing this with a big cuppa by my side :D

:point:

chief
05-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Will try and listen to the music but doubt I can hear it :point:

:doh2:

hope it went well:hug2: