PDA

View Full Version : My little Big girl!!

Kate
05-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Today my little girl started school - where did the time go :sigh:
She went skipping off into class without a worry in the world, she had no friends starting with her but she didnt seem to worry at all about that! I had to call across the classroom to say goodbye, she blew me a kiss and shouted "bye bye mummy, i love you". Thats it, shes now officially growing up!

foreverducky
05-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Awww, what a sweet moment!

Shellyamc
05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I am all teary now..I will be doing this tomorrow with my baby girl. I can't believe they are already starting this chapter in their lives. It comes way too fast :sorry:

:hug2: for Mama!

Dawn
05-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Mine starts year 4 tomorrow.!! Still seems like yesterday I took him in to his reception class. :unsure:

daveann
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
i cried buckets the day my oldest started but the day my youngest started school i was inconsolable i knew my baby had gone for good and they were all grown up :sorry:

chief
05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
once they start school it goes soo fast. you seen to count down the days till half term etc and before you know it another school year has gone:yes:
it is a very special moment though.
i was in the works[a book shop here in the uk] a couple of weeks ago and they were selling a book that last through your childs school years.
a page for their school photo and other special things that happen throughout their school year.
i thought this was a good idea and wished i had something like this when my kids started.
instead i keep all their ceritificates and achievements and photographs together in a folder.:yes:

Kate
06-09-2011, 06:05 AM
We love the works, never come out of there empty handed (much to the husbands disapproval! :lol:) I like the sound of that book, sounds lovely!

I was fine yesterday, had a bit of a funny feeling in my tummy but that was it. I think that the fact that Isabelle went in so well really helped, if she had been upset then it probably wouldve upset me too, but she was certainly ready for school. She was up very early again this morning and said "good morning mummy, school today yippee"! I havent mentioned the fact that she will now be going to school for the next 11 years of her life! :lol:

Good luck to Kaitlyn, Stephen, Shelly and Dawn today! :hug2:

chief
06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
my boy who is in year 5! announced this morning that;
'i am not going to school today as i need a rest!!!!!!!!!!!':nono:
but he did go in happy, so thats a relief:happybounce:

Tinkfan
07-09-2011, 01:12 AM
:sorry::sorry: Mine has his first day at High School tomorrow... the time goes too fast. Good luck kiddies!!!:happybounce: