PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Sandlake Farmer's Market?

DisneyFreak
06-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Has anyone been to this Farmer's Market at Whole Food's on Turkey Lake Road near Seaworld and Universal?

Tink
07-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Yes. Very, very small. Not worth going out of your way for, but if you are right there, then by all means stop.

The Winter Park Farmer's Market is much larger and "nicer" to a certain extent. I don't really like any of the Farmer's Markets here in Central Florida as they aren't "real." Very few of the booths offer produce or items grown or created by the booth owner.

There is a little cheese booth (outside, not indoors) at Winter Park, where the women who are selling it actually make the cheese. :yes:

DisneyFreak
07-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks Tink. We are going to be close by and are planning on making most of our meals while we're in town and wanted to get some fresh fruits and veggies along with some items there at Whole Foods.

Tink
08-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Go inside Whole Foods, first. The prices just may be less expensive than the Farmer's Market. As I recall, there is a hydroponic lettuce and tomato grower there. :yes:

Whole Foods is pretty great. If you like cheese, prepare to be awed. :D

Slowhand
08-09-2011, 12:32 PM
If you happen to be in Celebration on a Sunday you will find a market set up in Market Street....naturally. :lol:
Several of the stalls sell fruit, veg, cheeses etc.etc. along with other craft items.
It`s worth a visit if you are in the area. :thumbsup:

chief
08-09-2011, 09:00 PM
i have just told my aunt and uncle about [who are in orland at the moment for 3 weeks!!! not jealous] about going to celebration:yes: i have told unc about the cheese, he loves his cheese:happybounce:

Wendy
08-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Go inside Whole Foods, first. The prices just may be less expensive than the Farmer's Market. As I recall, there is a hydroponic lettuce and tomato grower there. :yes:

Whole Foods is pretty great. If you like cheese, prepare to be awed. :D

:yes: another vote for Whole Foods here as well :D