PDA

View Full Version : Best Christmas Movie

Deafjeff
11-09-2011, 06:34 PM
I know!

I know!

I know!

It only 105 days left to Christmas but just wondering what people's favourite Christmas Movie?

:happybounce:

josh.p.
11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Mine is 'Jingle all the way' :yes:

Deafjeff
11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I think mine is Miracle on 34th Street......

Not seen Polar Express ho hum...

Britchick
11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Jeff! :nono:

Deafjeff
11-09-2011, 07:05 PM
:angel:

Tink
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't know that I have an all time favorite... I like to see Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer if we can catch it.

I do like Miracle on 34th St, too. :yes:

Not a huge fan of Polar Express. It was nice enough, but not something I'm going to go out of my way to see again.

Years ago there was a little story about Nester the Long Eared Donkey. OMG. It was SO sad! Might be why it isn't played any more?

The Charlie Brown Christmas one is another that everyone seems to love... but I find it kind of ho hum (all but the little scraggly tree). :D

Another one that so many people love, It's a Wonderful Life, I'm a little over too.

keith
11-09-2011, 08:59 PM
I LOVE Christmas :happybounce: I even watch all the corny movies on lifetime :D I really do like the polar express

Tink
11-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Oh, I like Christmas! :yes: I just am not too into television. :D

keith
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh, I like Christmas! :yes: I just am not too into television. :D

Interesting to see how it goes this year for our first Christmas/New Year in Orlando :D

I doubt I'll be doing much tv given the lack of choice at Disney resorts

lisaw
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
White Christmas is my absolute favourite! But like Keith I watch them all, if it's got a hint of sleighbells or snow I'm there!

catrancher
11-09-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm kind of fond of the Santa Claus starring Tim Allen. Not the sequels, but the original one. Nothing better than an Oscar Mayer wiener whistle for Christmas. :thumbsup:

(Sadly, I'm old enough to remember those. Here, for those too young, I'll look it up for you (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=oscar+mayer+wiener+whistle)!)

And... for a slightly twisted Christmas change of pace, "Christmas with the Kranks" is rather entertaining. :yes:

Tom (:macwave:... God Bless us, every one!)

Wendy
11-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Mine are Miracle on 34th Street and White Christmas.

I have also watched the Grinch at Christmas too many times because the girls love it :lol:

Tink
11-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Oh yes, the Grinch. Herself likes that. :yes:

An catrancher, thanks. I like A Christmas Carol too.

uscwest
12-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow, too many to even think of. White Christmas, Miracle on 34th St., It's a wonderful life, Home Alone 1, The Santa Clause.

Watchinherskip
12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
IAWL.....wonderful movie. I even have over the years opened the planetarium to my friends after hours and presented that on the dome. It is always a wonderful time seeing that with my friends and their kids..

We usually have some cocktails, coffee and deserts after hitting one of the Old Town restaurants.

We get to do it again as the planetarium has been remodeled and reopened.

Johnie
12-09-2011, 02:28 PM
My favorite Christmas movie is the original Miracle on 34th Street. I do like the Santa Clause movies very much.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story are my absolute favorite funny Christmas movies. I also think Elf is pretty funny too.

Kate
12-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Johnie you have posted two of mine - national lampoon and elf! I dont find either of them really funny anymore, but they just mean christmas to me!
Also, santa claus the movie - i think he is just one of the best santa's ive seen!

*Bambi-Belle*
12-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Muppet Christmas Carol.

http://youtu.be/zZ2NCDZ6ZH8

We watch this every Christmas Eve, it's a tradition for us now. :yes:

"After all there's only one more sleep till Christmas" :applaudit:

Kate
12-09-2011, 06:19 PM
The muppets!! How could i leave the muppets off my list! :doh:

Tis the season to be jolly and joooyeous, fa la la! :happybounce:

Shellyamc
12-09-2011, 07:11 PM
It doesn't surprise me that Tink already named my favorite. Nestor, The Long-Eared Christmas Donkey. :yes: It makes me cry these days for a whole new set of reasons.

I love all the movies, cartoons, songs..anything. I can't get enough. Except for some of the new breed of cartoons, ie: Grandma got run over by a reindeer :unsure: Not my cup of tea.

BUTTERHEAD1
12-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Christmas Story, Home Alone and Elf are my favorite Christmas comedies. I like the old Christmas Carol Movie as well.

catrancher
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Christmas Story

Ohhh... forgot that one! Thanks for reminding me. :yes:

Although I would have remembered when I unpacked the decorations.
I have a string of these (http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Story-Lamp-String-Lights/dp/B003TU8BMM) for on the tree. :ROFL:

Tom (:macwave:... you'll shoot your eye out!)

Deafjeff
13-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Quite like the original Santa Claus movie, I remember watching it while I was growing up and it was magical movie.

Usually watch it around tea time on Christmas Eve and going to bed and keep my eyes closes so that Santa would be able to deliver my presents! :wiggle:

foreverducky
13-09-2011, 09:11 AM
There are just so many. I couldn't pick just one either.

I adore the Home Alone 1 and 2.

The Santa Clause movies are great, but I could have done without the last one, even though I love Martin Short.

The Muppets Christmas Carol is fantastic.

Scrooged with Bill Murray is hilarious, but dark.

National Lampoon's is a classic.

I think Four Christmasses is hilarious.

Even though Love Actually is a romantic comedy, it's very Christmas themed so I watch it during the holidays.

See....much more than one.

Deb
13-09-2011, 09:29 AM
I can't believe I've been suckered into a Christmas thread in September!! Jeff, you are a very naughty man :nono:

My favourite is absolutely the Muppets Christmas Carol! We always watch that and sing along with all of the songs! And of course I love White Christmas, and I do have a soft spot for Santa Claus The Movie with Dudley Moore :thumbsup:

foreverducky
13-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Oh yes, the one with dudley moore. I definitely enjoyed that one too! Haven't seen it in years though.

MystikPiglit
13-09-2011, 09:50 AM
It would be easier for me to say which Christmas movies I don't like as this is my very favourite type of film.
Top has to be It's A Wonderful Life, then (Disney's) I'll Be Home For Christmas, the original Miracle on 34th Street, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story,The Santa Clause, Funny Farm, Scrooged, The Bishop's Wife, Fred Claus, Holiday Inn, Home Alone........ The list is very, very long. :santa29:

Deb
13-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Oh, MP! I had forgotten Holiday Inn.......

Is it time for the Christmas card exchange yet? :D

MystikPiglit
13-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Is it time for the Christmas card exchange yet? :D

:thud:

Watchinherskip
14-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh yes, along with watching the movies, we love putting up our exchange ornaments....especially the Union Jack and Crown pillow ornaments...:yes:

HollieBen
12-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Best Christmas movie according to my opinion is “Muppet Christmas Carol”. It is an awesome movie by Disney.

Suebeattie
12-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I absolutely LOVE muppet Christmas Carol and national lampoons. There are loads others I like.
Love getting cosy on the sofa when it's cold outside and watching a good old Christmas movie. It's a must to have one on in the background when putting the tree up :thumbsup:
:wiggle:

Beccaberry
13-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Love them. Every one of them. Every. Single. One.

Ultimate "if-I-could-only-watch-one-Christmas-movie-for-the-rest-of-my-life" favorite is "White Christmas" :D (VERMONT!)

*sigh*

I've just added "Christmas movies" to my packing list :) the kids and I can watch them on the laptop if needed :D

Deafjeff
14-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I really won't mind watching the original santa claus film :yes:

Not seen Polar Express but having seen mixed review so ho hum...