13-09-2011, 09:51 PM
FOUR SEASONS are building a new hotel and resort at disney reported in the sentinel

15-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes, I read the article. Pretty darn surprising when you think that a luxury hotel with a time share component is going up in an area that has a view of the MK. :unsure:

Do wonder what Disney is thinking? I wonder if this is a trend; getting away from Disney being the resort owners, and just the property owner? :unsure:

For some reason, I don't think I like this idea. :sorry:

15-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Here is some more information:

Take a look at what’s coming to Disney's Golden Oak community at the Walt Disney World Resort. It’s a new Four Seasons resort that’ll have a rooftop restaurant with Magic Kingdom Park views and a few other special touches.

It's not so small a world for the Four Seasons. The luxury hotel company just announced plans to open the world's largest Four Seasons resort at Walt Disney World in Orlando in 2014.

The $360 million luxury resort will be located inside the theme park, giving travelers a high-end hotel option without all the Disney-themed amenities and adornments. But, that doesn't mean the hotel won't have a little fun (this is Disney World, after all).

According to the Four Seasons, the new Disney digs will include 444 rooms, as well as several dining venues, including a rooftop restaurant with Magic Kingdom views.

Travelers looking for a little peace from all the Disney antics can seek refuge the 14,000 square foot spa, complete with 18 treatment rooms and a full fitness center. Families will enjoy the three pools and a “lazy river”, tennis and basketball courts, a climbing wall, and two recreational centers for children, teens and families. The development takes over the existing Tom Fazio-designed Osprey Ridge 18-hole championship golf course, which will be renovated and subsequently managed by Four Seasons.

15-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Mmmmm not sure about this one, I was a little dismayed by the sponsored by Siemens element to illuminations and what was that all over the epcot ball after illuminations? Shocking :yes: on one hand I think that this will offer a deluxe option at WDW that isn't Bonnet Creek. I don't think the deluxe resorts cut it as deluxe, it's more about location. I personally don't know if I'd pay for a four seasons resort at WDW, I would want to spend time in the resort to make it worth it.