PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Did The Race For Life Yesterday

ukwdwnut
26-09-2011, 09:29 AM
im so proud of lauren. we were up at the O2 arena yesterday, me and denise, lauren and her co runners and quite a few of her friends, her friends mum who ran it and her hubby.

she has been in training for months to run this half marathon in aid of the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension charity PHA and the furthest she ran was 10 miles in one go. and she completed it in 2hours 20mins not bad for her first one and when she crossed the line she didnt have a bead of sweat on her :lol: all in all there were 17.000 runners and they seemed to take an age to all pass the start line, by the time lauren crossed it the leaders were already at the 5 mile stage :lol: we celebrated them finishing, after they stopped flashing their medals at us with a few bottles of champers to which i declined for obvious reason then we went on to have a pub lunch in a nice village not far from us which was very nice

id also like to say a VERY BIG THANK YOU to daveann and isafari for their donations which btw the way were the first when i posted the thread on here. so thank you ladies lauren says a big thank you to you both xx

lauren so far has raised 1000 and there is still more coming in :D

uscwest
26-09-2011, 10:53 AM
A well done for Lauren.

Watchinherskip
26-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey Mick, that is a great thing! Congrats to Lauren. I know you are proud of her.

Dan

daveann
26-09-2011, 01:51 PM
well done from me too :)