PDA

View Full Version : Please help with itinerary - New York

Isafari
27-10-2011, 02:00 PM
We will be in New York for five and a half days and this is what I've come up with so far. Now, I know very little about New York so please feel free to give me any tips/advice that you can. I know of no good places to eat or even if the plans I have so far are do-able

DAY ONE
Arrive at JFK 13.25pm
Taxi to Wellington Hotel
Settle in and freshen up
Rockefeller Centre

DAY TWO
Breakfast at hotel
Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island (actual entrance to SoL will be closed while we are there)
Ground Zero
Times Square

DAY THREE
Breakfast at hotel
Central Park
Central Park Zoo
Hotel to freshen up
Wicked

DAY FOUR
Breakfast at hotel
Empire State Building
American Museum of Natural History

DAY FIVE
Breakfast at hotel
Bronx Zoo
Hotel to freshen up
Phantom of the Opera

DAY SIX
Breakfast at hotel
Shopping

We leave early the next morning

Watchinherskip
27-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I was going to suggest that you visit Ellis Island....that is a great place to visit.

How about the Museum of Natural History? Oops,,never mind I see it...really need to actually wear my glasses!

Wendy
27-10-2011, 02:41 PM
It looks like you have it all more or less sorted out :yes:

Beccaberry
27-10-2011, 03:01 PM
DAY THREE
Breakfast at hotel
Central Park
Central Park Zoo
Hotel to freshen up
Wicked

*sigh* This sounds like the perfect day!

Isafari
27-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I've been using Mapquest to plan routes by foot/transport. When it says TRANSIT - does this apply to a bus or the underground?

Mari
27-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a lovely trip!!

When you go to Rockefeller Center, Around what becomes the skating ring in winter there are a few restaurants and cafes, you can sit down and enjoy a nice meal with a pretty nice view of the statue :)

Have you considered visiting the Met, the MoMa or the Guggenheim? The Met is huge, but spectacular. MoMa is smaller, and the Guggenheim is just magnificent, it is small, and the building its housed in is just wonderful

Kate
28-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Oh, i just asked on another thread of yours what you have planned - shouldve looked around a bit better beforehand!

I think it sounds perfect, you are going to have a wonderful time! I hope its somewhere im lucky enough to visit one day. Will you do a TR - id love to know about central park and the zoo it always looks so great on the tv

Isafari
28-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Have you considered visiting the Met, the MoMa or the Guggenheim? The Met is huge, but spectacular. MoMa is smaller, and the Guggenheim is just magnificent, it is small, and the building its housed in is just wonderful

I've never heard of them Mari!!!!! Told you I knew very little about New York :lol:
Will have to Google them now though :yes:

Will you do a TR - id love to know about central park and the zoo it always looks so great on the tv

I'll try Kate - probably a live trippie from the hotel room that night. I've heard that the zoo is tiny.