PDA

View Full Version : what's for tea ?

disneymom
06-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Im out of ideas :gy: what's everyone making for tea tonight?

keith
06-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Well I think I'll go all out tonight and make micro chips :lol: not sure if that helps you much? :lol:

Dawn
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Famous Moes are delivering pizza for us tonight. :oops:

Tink
06-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I'll be dining out with work colleagues. :sigh; Probably will have a lively conversation trying to get the server to understand that I can't have any additives on the food. That's always fun. "No butter, Ma'am?" "No, no butter, no oil, no fat of any kind, no sauce." "And on the vegetables Ma'am?" "No butter, no oil, no fat of any kind. If they could just be steamed please?" "Would you like salad dressing Ma'am?" "No thank you, no butter, no oil, no fat of any kind..." "Bread Ma'am?" "No."

It's enough to make you want to go hungry. :sigh;

keith
06-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll be dining out with work colleagues. :sigh; Probably will have a lively conversation trying to get the server to understand that I can't have any additives on the food. That's always fun. "No butter, Ma'am?" "No, no butter, no oil, no fat of any kind, no sauce." "And on the vegetables Ma'am?" "No butter, no oil, no fat of any kind. If they could just be steamed please?" "Would you like salad dressing Ma'am?" "No thank you, no butter, no oil, no fat of any kind..." "Bread Ma'am?" "No."

You can share my micro chips if you want? I promise I wont put anything on them :hug2:

Tink
06-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure what a micro chip is? Other than something for a computer of course! :lol:

Those sorts of questions come AFTER I've already explained what I need to have. :rolleyes: I know they are just trying to get it right, but honestly I swear they don't listen! :lol:

I did have one server once, who really got into it though. He took it as a challenge to be able to give me the nicest dinner he could while not allowing the kitchen to do anything "saucy" to it! :lol:

So, how high in fat and carbs are those micro chips? :D

Wendy
06-08-2008, 10:53 AM
We've got roast pork, we always have a mid week roast on a Wednesday :D

Tink
06-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Ahhhh, now that sounds just lovely! :yes:

Dawn
06-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Microwaveable french fries Tink. You don't want to know the nutritional information. :eek:

Tink
06-08-2008, 10:56 AM
:eek: OH GOSH! Well, it was a sweet offer none the less. :yes: (Haven't had a french fry in ages. I'd probably devour the whole packet and Keith wouldn't even get a taste). :sorry:

keith
06-08-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure what a micro chip is? Other than something for a computer of course! :lol:

A tiny box of fries that you pop in the microwave for 3 minutes :lol: It's junk food for lazy people and I have a freezer full of them

So, how high in fat and carbs are those micro chips? :D

erm :lol: well it doesnt say but it does say that theyre "gluten free and very tasty" so I dont really think you can ask for more than that really??

keith
06-08-2008, 10:58 AM

ok I'm throwing the micro chips away, everyone over to Wendy's for a secret's meet! :yes:

Wendy
06-08-2008, 11:03 AM
ok I'm throwing the micro chips away, everyone over to Wendy's for a secret's meet! :yes:

:lol: there's lots of veggies though so if you don't like vegetables you won't like it :D

We've got roast pork and apple sauce, roast potatoes (for Chris) roasted squash and parsnips, carrots, swede, cauliflower cheese and courgettes cooked with onions, mushrooms and little smoked bacon :D

Strawberries and clotted cream for pudding :D

I'm feeling hungry now :lol:

Tink
06-08-2008, 11:04 AM
OH now. Would you look at the nasty mess I've made of the keyboard? :rolleyes: Drool is such an unsighly thing! :eek:

Wendy
06-08-2008, 11:06 AM
OH now. Would you look at the nasty mess I've made of the keyboard? :rolleyes: Drool is such an unsighly thing! :eek:

:lol:

Ursula
06-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Soup again for me.... sobs...... I want juicy steak, pizza from Pizza Hut..... ribs.... burger.... anything that is going to choke me...

uscwest
06-08-2008, 11:39 AM

My goodness Ms. Tink, that sounds like a pretty strict diet you have yourself on. I can't even imagine eating a potato without something on it, or do you not eat a potato. I think I could do steamed veggies as long as they are hot and I have some salt and pepper though.

:lol: there's lots of veggies though so if you don't like vegetables you won't like it :D

We've got roast pork and apple sauce, roast potatoes (for Chris) roasted squash and parsnips, carrots, swede, cauliflower cheese and courgettes cooked with onions, mushrooms and little smoked bacon :D

Strawberries and clotted cream for pudding :D

I'm feeling hungry now :lol:

OK, I'm going to Wendy's house for tea next Wednesday. :207:

keith
06-08-2008, 11:42 AM
: roast potatoes

Now before we make the journey, can we establish if there will be some nice well done roasties? I like mine kinda almost burnt... and are they going to be the really crispy ones or the ones that are really nicely done but still soft to eat?

Wendy
OK, I'm going to Wendy's house for tea next Wednesday. :207:

The more the merrier :D it won't be pork though, next Wednesday it will be roast lamb with mint sauce can't say it too loud someone might throw something at me :D

Claire
Soup again for me.... sobs...... I want juicy steak, pizza from Pizza Hut..... ribs.... burger.... anything that is going to choke me...
:hug1: You and me both!

Isafari
I'm doing a pasta dish. Cut up chicken breasts into cubes and fry in butter for 5 mins. Add sliced leek and cook for 2 mins. Add a leek sauce and simmer for 10 mins. Put into a casserole dish with cooked pasta and mix together. Grate cheese on top and stick in the oven for 20 mins.
Served with a fresh salad and garlic bread.

No dessert....not very often we have one of those.

Ursula
06-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Me too..... rings around for a coach ... how many seats do we need?

Tink
06-08-2008, 11:44 AM
It is quite a strict diet, anony mouse. :sigh; Nothing but very lean protien (as in no visible fat what so ever) and certain raw or steamed veggies. :sigh;

It's working though, so I really musn't complain.

Wendy! :cry1: I thought we were friends! :cry1:

Ursula
06-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I just read last night on my other site... that optifast is full of sugar so beware :(

Tink
06-08-2008, 11:47 AM
It's not optifast. :hug1: But thanks for watching out for me! :hug1: The stuff I have is specially formulated for people with blood glucose issues like me. :( Makes it as appealing as eating bark and leaves. :sigh;

How are you doing with the liquids? You must be nearly ready to have something solid, yes? :unsure:

Wendy
06-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Now before we make the journey, can we establish if there will be some nice well done roasties? I like mine kinda almost burnt... and are they going to be the really crispy ones or the ones that are really nicely done but still soft to eat?

I only make crispy ones with soft centres :D not burnt though, just a nice golden colour. I only use King Edward potatoes or Roosters as the make the best roast potatoes without having to cheat and put semolina on them as Delia or someone has started saying :rolleyes008)

Can't beat the good old way of cooking things, my Nan taught me well :D

Chris' mum does a water roast YUK - where the bottom of the potatoes are in gravy but the top goes hard :(

Wendy
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Wendy! :cry1: I thought we were friends! :cry1:

I'm sorry :hug1: :hug1:

Ursula
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
It's not optifast. :hug1: But thanks for watching out for me! :hug1: The stuff I have is specially formulated for people with blood glucose issues like me. :( Makes it as appealing as eating bark and leaves. :sigh;

How are you doing with the liquids? You must be nearly ready to have something solid, yes? :unsure:

I have one more week Whoooooooooop! of liquids then can go onto mushies for two weeks then proper solids.

Dawn
06-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Who's roasting a poor ickle lamb??? :eek:

Ursula
06-08-2008, 11:51 AM
I only make crispy ones with soft centres :D not burnt though, just a nice golden colour. I only use King Edward potatoes or Roosters as the make the best roast potatoes without having to cheat and put semolina on them as Delia or someone has started saying :rolleyes008)

Can't beat the good old way of cooking things, my Nan taught me well :D

Chris' mum does a water roast YUK - where the bottom of the potatoes are in gravy but the top goes hard :(

I don't do roast pots very often cos when I do do them I do them in proper goose fat and they come out delish... fluffy inside and crispy outside. Don't think about the calories...

Ursula
06-08-2008, 11:52 AM
and this is exactly why I'm on liquids now for 4 weeks... lol...

keith
06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I only make crispy ones with soft centres :D not burnt though, just a nice golden colour. I only use King Edward potatoes or Roosters as the make the best roast potatoes without having to cheat

ok Crayola? seat on the coach for me please :D

Wendy
06-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Who's roasting a poor ickle lamb??? :eek:

Sorry Dawn :(

PsychoAlice
06-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Raspberries....

Running and hiding...

Ursula
06-08-2008, 11:58 AM
anymore for the coach... we have Keith and myself.....

MystikPiglit
06-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I shall be making spicy lamb meatballs tonight. :)

Wendy
06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I shall be making spicy lamb meatballs tonight. :)

Oooh they sound nice, what do you serve them with :)

MystikPiglit
06-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Oooh they sound nice, what do you serve them with :)

Pasta. I'll make a sauce with tomatoes, courgettes, yellow pepper and mushrooms. :)

Wendy
06-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Pasta. I'll make a sauce with tomatoes, courgettes, yellow pepper and mushrooms. :)

:( I can't have pasta, too many carbs, I suppose I could have bean sprouts instead. That's what I do when I make Spaghetti Bolognaise :lol:

MystikPiglit
06-08-2008, 12:20 PM
:( I can't have pasta, too many carbs, I suppose I could have bean sprouts instead.

Have you tried non-wheat pasta? Would that be less carbs?

mumof2
06-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I will make DH and the boys a meaty spaghetti bolognaise with a veggie one for myself, or a shepherds pie (with a veggie one for me!) or beef stew for them but then i'm not sure what i'll have...

piglet
06-08-2008, 12:56 PM
anymore for the coach... we have Keith and myself.....

Can the coach come up to Scotland please that sounds much better than my vegetable bake. But I have to go to work tonight so can I just eat and run please?

mumof2
06-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Can the coach come up to Scotland please that sounds much better than my vegetable bake. But I have to go to work tonight so can I just eat and run please?

mmm, vegetable bake sounds good...:yes:

Dorothy
06-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I want dinner now and it's only 8:30 am here :rolleyes008:

Beccaberry
06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
You all are talking about tea, and I've yet to get out of bed and make brekkie for the 7 kids roaming through my house...

Dinner tonight though will be the Chicken Caccitore I made in the slow cooker LAST night...we had a last minute change of plans and went out for all you can eat sushi with friends instead...YUMMY!

Taja
06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Nothing for me for dinner tonight. The joys of solo life!

It's really more self-preservation than anything else. If I eat much after 5:00 p.m., I gain weight. If I eat moderately throughout the day, I lose weight without having to think too much about what I'm eating. I do plan what I'm going to eat for reasonable nutritional balance, but if I really want a treat I will eat it early afternoon rather than later in the day.

So I save my evening meals for special occasions with family and friends! :)

MystikPiglit
06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
If I eat moderately throughout the day, I lose weight without having to think too much about what I'm eating. I do plan what I'm going to eat for reasonable nutritional balance, but if I really want a treat I will eat it early afternoon rather than later in the day.
So I save my evening meals for special occasions with family and friends! :)

Wow, that is so sensible! :)

Wendy
06-08-2008, 04:00 PM
OK, just about to par boil the spuds :D Dinner should be between 6 and 6.15 make sure you're not late :wink:

See you later :D

tb2830
06-08-2008, 04:03 PM
my appetite isnt back yet so i will probably have something small and stupid

lisaw
06-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Roast Chicken, with Roasties, cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas and baby corn, stuffing and yorkshire puds. I am just about to make a Rhubarb crumble for pudding.

I love it when DH is home in the week :D

MystikPiglit
06-08-2008, 04:11 PM
my appetite isnt back yet so i will probably have something small and stupid

:hug2:Awww... have something small but nice.

Jazmine
06-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Well i`ll be over Wendy:wave: sounds delicious and i`ll have a small piece of everything please :hug2: tonight we`re having mince and potatoes with sweetcorn and green beans yuck :rolleyes008:
Jacqui ;)xxx

uscwest
06-08-2008, 06:20 PM
The more the merrier :D it won't be pork though, next Wednesday it will be roast lamb with mint sauce can't say it too loud someone might throw something at me :D Hmmm, now that sounds even tastier. :p015:

Johnie
06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
ugh...considering that it is 100 degrees here, we will be having something light and probably cold. Watermelon and salad sound good.

kazzaqld
06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
We had spare ribs in bbq sauce with couscous last night - not sure what I'll do tonight. Depends what looks good at the butchers on my way home from work.

Maybe portugese chicken pieces?

PsychoAlice
07-08-2008, 03:59 AM
i will probably have something small and stupid

not much different than your exhusband!!

Oh sorry I could resist!:gy:

uscwest
07-08-2008, 10:49 AM
We had spare ribs in bbq sauce with couscous last night - not sure what I'll do tonight. Depends what looks good at the butchers on my way home from work.

Maybe portugese chicken pieces?OK Karen, what is Portuguese Chicken?

kazzaqld
07-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Chicken Drumsticks coated with portugese spices - chili, lemon, not sure what else cos I buy it in a jar! :lol: It's spicy but not hot - tasty spicy. Hey if my picky DS will eat it....

It was very yummy if I do say so myself.

mumof2
07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
huh, well I went for the bolognaise - wish i hadn't bothered! the boys weren't hungry when they got back so just had toast later, and DH was around 4 hours late home from work - dinner was in the fridge and we'd all had showers and got into jim-jams ready for bed. :rolleyes008:

Wendy
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
We've got chicken curry tonight with naan bread, the way I feel at the moment it will be blow the carbs I'm having rice and bread :lol:

Dawn
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
No idea what we're having tonight.

Maybe sossidges. :D

keith
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I've got a business meeting at a local hotel bar and they do a really nice steak sandwiches :D

lisaw
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Toad in the Hole tonight with proper sossidges for DH and DS and Linda McCartney ones for DD and I, served with mashed pots, fresh peas, baby carrots and baby corn :D