PDA

View Full Version : A bit of traveling pixie dust if you can spare it?

Beccaberry
10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Flying out again tomorrow. I received word very early this morning that my grandfather in TN passed away. That makes three grandparents in under a year. :sorry:

I do realize I am so very blessed to have had them in my life as long as I did, but I fear that knowledge does not make losing them any easier. This will be a particularly difficult one. I was, however, fortunate enough to visit him this summer and speak with him on the phone Sunday. He knew. He was getting ready. He told me he loved me, and that he was proud of the person I had become. He said, "Honey, I've got a lot of respect for you." That may have been the highest compliment he's every given me.

So then, if you can spare it, a bit of traveling dust?

Watchinherskip
10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather as well as your other grandparents. Becca know you will be in our prayers at the Skip's house. Please have a safe trip.

I am so glad that you had that time with him last summer. Those moments are precious.

:pdust::pdust::pdust:

Deb
10-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh Becca :comfort: So sorry about your lovely Grandfather :(

Travelling dust most definitely coming your way hun, as well as huge hugs to see you through the days ahead.

MystikPiglit
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
:comfort: :pdust:

Wendy
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Becca :hug2: I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather :hug1: it doesn't get any easier does it. Cherish the time you spent together and the telephone call, the memories are yours forever :hug2:

Lots of love and pixie dust :hug1: :hug1: :pdust: :pdust: :pdust::pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

Kate
10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Oh Becca im so sorry for the loss of you grandad :comfort:

Mari
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Lots of traveling pixie dust and a big big :hug2:

Slowhand
10-11-2011, 04:29 PM
I`m so sorry to hear of your loss Becca, but I`m sure that you have loads of happy memories of your GF who will be with you forever.
:pdust::pdust::pdust::pdust::hug2:

Beccaberry
11-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Thanks everyone :hug2:

uscwest
11-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Becca, so sorry to hear of your loss. Although death is inevitable it is especially tough when it happens to so many loved ones in a row. We've received word here at WDW that I have lost another uncle, making two uncles, one aunt and two cousins in the last 14 months. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tink
11-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Be safe, Becca. I am so very sorry. :hug2: Let his love wash over you. :hug2:

Beccaberry
12-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Thanks again everyone. Arrived at the airport after an insane 3 hour traffic jam only to be rang as we were pulling into our parking garage and told the flight was cancelled. Have been rebooked on the 10pm flight. With a little luck we might arrive before the rental car office closes for the evening...

Johnie
12-11-2011, 02:02 AM
:beg: fingers crossed that you make it in time!

:hug2: I'm with you in spirit my friend

Tinkfan
12-11-2011, 02:27 AM
:sorry: So sorry hun, even when you know you're never prepared. Safe trip, remember the best of the best.Trish

chief
12-11-2011, 10:14 AM
sorry for your lolss:hug2:
safe journey:pdust::pdust:

Isafari
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
So sorry Becca :hug2:
Thinking of you.

Disneybumble
12-11-2011, 02:10 PM
so sorry for your loss Becca.xx

Beccaberry
15-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Thank you everyone for your sweet thoughts and words of encouragement. It was much needed and very appreciated.

The weekend was incredibly difficult. Moreso than I anticipated. I was well loved by him, and I found great peace in knowing that he was no longer in pain. The visit with my biological father was tumultuous to say the least. Most of you know we have a strained relationship during the easiest of times, and even during the most hurtful of moments, I do try to remember that no one is perfect and everyone should be given a second chance. But by the 14 or 15 time I heard, "You're Jimmy's daughter?? I had no idea he even had a daughter!" I was done. I was hurt and angry, and had Jon (bless his dear little soul) not been with me, I might really have gone over the edge. No mind though, it is over, I am home. And I am absolutely reminded what an amazing gift my OWN children are, and how very, very proud of them i am.

Wendy
15-11-2011, 07:29 PM
:hug2: I'm so sorry that it was like that Becca :sigh:

Never forget you are a wonderful person, a fantastic mum, a brilliant friend and loved very much :hug2: :hug2:

kazzaqld
16-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Becca I am so sorry for your loss. Glad that your trip was a safe one, even though it was a hard one. :sorry: