PDA

View Full Version : place to stay in washington dc?

AKLnut
06-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Business trip coming up soon but we'll have some days for us. Where's a good place to stay in Washington and what should we go and visit?

keith
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I've stayed at the Sheraton Premiere in Tyson's Corner for years. I'm not saying it's an amazing hotel or anything but it's always seemed ok. There are probably better ones closer to the action perhaps :lol:

I love Washington though, it's another one of those places that really surprised me with how much there was to see and do.

kazzaqld
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
we stayed at the Quincy in January last year.

Nice place, big room, quite central - and there was an Au Bon Pain not far away for breakfast treats.

The staff were friendly and helpful - I'd recommend it!

http://www.thequincy.com

Taja
06-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I like the L'Enfant Plaza. Excellent location. It's a bit pricey, though.

The Smithsonian is one place you'll want to visit. It's a group of museums, so allow at least 3 days, possibly more. My first adult visit to DC, I didn't really want to visit the Air & Space museum. Guess where I spent a serious amount of my time? The Air & Space Museum! :lol:

Google Washington DC and look for an official site (.org ending). Sign up for email lists, etc. I did that for my aunt and--ummmm, I think a cousin (we have some complicated relationships!) a few years ago and they developed their itinerary from that.

Johnie
06-08-2008, 03:51 PM
DC is about an hour or so from me (depending on the horrendous traffic). There are all sorts of really nice hotels in the city. The weekday rates can be absurd since so many business travellers are there but weekend rates can be a pretty good deal.

What do you like to do? The Smithsonian has tons of museums and it's free. The National Zoo is also nice and it's free as well. Those are what we usually do in the area.

Beccaberry
07-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Saw today that Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill has an amazing deal going for next month:
$89: Aug. 22 - Sept. 1 (Labor Day holiday)
$109: Aug. 8-10; 15-16

Great location!! There's construction going on in the lobby, but it shouldn't affect the rooms...

uscwest
07-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Saw today that Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill has an amazing deal going for next month:
$89: Aug. 22 - Sept. 1 (Labor Day holiday)
$109: Aug. 8-10; 15-16

Great location!! There's construction going on in the lobby, but it shouldn't affect the rooms...
That is an amazing deal.

keith
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
That is an amazing deal.

Thats fantastic! argh to the plane fare otherwise I'd be there!

I love Washington and the people. I really have had some wonderful times there

uscwest
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
And if you did come we would MOST CERTAINLY meet you finally. :yes:
Thats fantastic! argh to the plane fare otherwise I'd be there!

I love Washington and the people. I really have had some wonderful times there

keith
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM
And if you did come we would MOST CERTAINLY meet you finally. :yes:

You're on! Next time I'm in Washington, none of me being shy, I'll give you folks a shout :yes:

Beccaberry
07-08-2008, 12:48 PM
That is an amazing deal.

Amazing deal indeed....I think we're going to pop down there for a couple of days before the kids and I head back to school....

It's one of my most favorite places after NYC....I love the history and the sights...and I love that it (if done right) can be so very affordable!

It's also one of my favorite place to photograph...

keith
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
It's also one of my favorite place to photograph...

oooo photos to see :D

Beccaberry
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
LOL....I do!! I do!! I'll see about putting them in a gallery. That's one part of the website I've yet to visit. :D

keith
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
LOL....I do!! I do!! I'll see about putting them in a gallery. That's one part of the website I've yet to visit. :D

ooo yes please :p015:

Beccaberry
07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Forgot to mention, the deal I found on the Hyatt was through travelzoo...not sure if it's available elsewhere...but thought I'd mention it in case anyone's interested....

Johnie
07-08-2008, 01:14 PM
You're on! Next time I'm in Washington, none of me being shy, I'll give you folks a shout :yes:

Good. I'm just about 100 miles south and can easily get up there :p015:

uscwest
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Amazing deal indeed....I think we're going to pop down there for a couple of days before the kids and I head back to school....

It's one of my most favorite places after NYC....I love the history and the sights...and I love that it (if done right) can be so very affordable!

It's also one of my favorite place to photograph...And you had BETTER give us a shout when you are in town.

Beccaberry
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
And you had BETTER give us a shout when you are in town.

As if I would DARE show my face in that city without calling you :D :hug2: