View Full Version : Disney 2011 - Part I

15-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Let me preface this first part of the trip report with a little bit of background. As many of you know we are going to take Donnaís youngest brother on his first trip to WDW. Our trip is fast approaching but the Durango is making noises so into the shop it goes. Turns out both the front and rear differentials (102,000 miles) need to be rebuilt. Well when I bought it the dealership had this thing called Auto4Life which is supposed to cover anything connected to the engine or drive train. It covered the repairs and saved me about $2200.

So here it is Thursday October 27. Donna has gotten permission to take an extra day of vacation so we are up and packing. Got the Durango loaded and we are off at approximately 11:40 AM. Our destination for tonight is Santee South Carolina, just a little over half way to Donnaís Momís house. We arrived about 7 PM, checked in and grabbed a bite to eat. Donna went to bed a bit earlier than I and I plugged our cell phones in to charge before I went to bed. However, I forgot to turn off the sound on mine and when it came back on at 4:00AM it woke us up. We left the hotel before 6AM and drove a bit down the road before we both decided to grab some breakfast and cups of coffee. Breakfast was McDonalds and we were back on the road. We arrived at Momís at noon. She fixed us her famous fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy and black eyed peas for dinner.

Saturday 29 October, we are still at MILís, French toast and Bacon for breakfast this morning. Going to grill steaks tonight. It rained here last night but it is a beautiful day. Sunshine and temps in the 70ís. I ran into town to get some wine to have with our steaks and also some fresh mushrooms. We just spent the rest of the day chilling. The steaks turned out wonderfully.
Sunday 30 October, David washed some clothes and packed most of his stuff today. We all went to the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) to do some Karaoke. While there we had some delicious Buffalo Wings and Fried Shrimp. After Karaoke it was back to Momís for some delicious Pot Roast that had been in the slo-cooker all day. Tomorrow we are off to Disney.

15-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow, glad you had the cover for the Durango, John.

It sounds like a nice easy start to the holiday :)

15-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Great luck with the coverage on the Durango. Good way to start off a trip.

15-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh goodness, all that food sounds soooooo good!!!

16-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm droooooooooooling over the food descriptions!!!!

Sounds like a great start!