PDA

View Full Version : I Did the best thing for a long while today!!

ukwdwnut
15-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I gave up work today.

Denise went and had a word with the headmistress and told her what I was doing as I didn't go in as I was so shattered from the trip up to the royal free in London. She said I'm really pleased he has made this decision as he really isn't well and shouldn't be doing it. Job is open for me when I've had the op

Wendy
15-11-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm glad Mick :hug2: you can relax and take things a bit easier now. It's good to know that there is a job waiting for you after your op, but I think you really have made the right decision :hug2:

You need to keep all your strength and stay as fit as you can, for when you get the call from the hospital.

Tink
16-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Excellent decision. You need to focus on yourself right now, and gaining as much strength as you can. :yes:

ukwdwnut
16-11-2011, 02:39 AM
thankyou. i certainly think so, i could barely get to my office i was that breathless and really couldnt get around the school to do any work that arose. also it keeps me out of the winter cold, snow and ice when and if that arrives this winter :D

as far as im aware i will be on indefinite sick leave

Isafari
16-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Great decision Mick :hug2: You need to be in the best condition that you possibly can be right now. Great to know your job will be there if you do decide to go back in the future.

ukwdwnut
16-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Great decision Mick :hug2: You need to be in the best condition that you possibly can be right now. Great to know your job will be there if you do decide to go back in the future.

thx di

i will be going back without a doubt :yes:

Kate
16-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Well done Mick, absolutely the right thing to do! You can really concentrate on looking after yourself now - lovely time of year to be staying at home too, all snug in the house with the christmas lights on! :yes:

Watchinherskip
16-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Well done Mick. Great news that your placement is secure. That must be a great relief. Keep well my friend.

daveann
16-11-2011, 02:38 PM
now all we have to do is get you well :comfort:

arkvilla
16-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Good for you Mick, now you can concentrate on getting yourself in the best shape you can for your op and then it's onwaards and upwards for you.

Just think of all the extra planning you can now do :yes:

sandra

Slowhand
16-11-2011, 04:42 PM
That`s great news about the job Mike. :yes:
Onwards and upwards from now on eh? Best of luck mate. :hug2:

catrancher
16-11-2011, 05:48 PM
All right Mick! Good for you! :thumbsup:

Now just focus on getting the transplant over with and getting better. Eh?

Tom (:macwave:... on your side!)

MystikPiglit
17-11-2011, 11:41 AM
That's good to hear, Mick. You can concentrate on getting plenty of rest and relaxation with the bonus of having your job waiting for you. :hug2:

Beccaberry
17-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Glad to hear you've made the best decision for YOU, Mick. :hug2: Take care of you, hon. xoxo

ukwdwnut
23-11-2011, 09:06 AM
its the best thing i ever did since becoming really bad. so glad i dont have to get out in the cold now :)

thx for all your messages, they are much appreciated :hug2:

Esmeralda
23-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Will you be known as *Michaela* after your op now? :unsure:

SleepinCatz
23-11-2011, 08:54 PM
:rotfl:
Will you be known as *Michaela* after your op now? :unsure::rotfl:

Beat me to that one....

arkvilla
20-12-2011, 01:25 PM
This thread came up in similar threads - you know just below the comments in the thread you are reading.

I read it I got so sad thinking that Mick only had a couple of weeks as a man of leisure - you never know whats around the corner.

God bless Mick :cry2:

Sandra