PDA

View Full Version : Twilight : Breaking dawn Part 1

keith
18-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Just seen the midnight showing and much as I expected given it's the first half of the book, but now quite as slow as I dreaded ;-)

Don't want to give anything away to people who are looking forward to it so won't say much.

One thing though, stay till after the credits, there's a few minutes extra which is actually quite important plot wise

Britchick
18-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing it tonight!

foreverducky
18-11-2011, 10:14 AM
As much as I want to see it, I don't think my schedule is really going to allow me. I may have to wait until dvd. Which really means I won't have to wait long for the final movie.

Kate
18-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Ive not watched any of the twilight films! :unsure:
There was an interview on daybreak this morning with one of the vampires, he said dont go as soon as the end credits go up as theres something else at the end!

Britchick
18-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Ive not watched any of the twilight films! :unsure:
There was an interview on daybreak this morning with one of the vampires, he said dont go as soon as the end credits go up as theres something else at the end!

oh Kate! that was a wolf not a vampire :hug2: lol

Kate
18-11-2011, 07:31 PM
oh Kate! that was a wolf not a vampire :hug2: lol

Oh! See, im completely oblivious to it all! :lol:

Britchick
18-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Oh! See, im completely oblivious to it all! :lol:

I'll let you off! :tongue:

Well I don't want to spoil the 'fun' but there was one bit of the film that was embarrassing and the director should be embarrassed!

keith
19-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Well I don't want to spoil the 'fun' but there was one bit of the film that was embarrassing and the director should be embarrassed!

The director was completely rubbish :( I really think Catherine Hardwicke was best

lisaw
19-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I was actually very pleased with how it turned out especially two of the main scenes in the book that I was wondering how they were going to be done on screen and after Twilight I think it's my favourite film of the series so far - just wish they would work something better out with those awful wolves!!

Britchick
19-11-2011, 01:45 PM
yes i thought that the two scenes were done very well, especially isle esme, am i allowed to say phwooaar? lol

keith
19-11-2011, 02:15 PM
yes i thought that the two scenes were done very well, especially isle esme, am i allowed to say phwooaar? lol

I guess there are just some elements of twilight I just won't ever understand :lol:

Britchick
19-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I guess there are just some elements of twilight I just won't ever understand :lol:

what the bit about the handsome eligible young man with an element of danger whisking you away to a private island? :tongue:

tale as old as time... lol

keith
19-11-2011, 03:32 PM
what the bit about the handsome eligible young man with an element of danger whisking you away to a private island? :tongue:

tale as old as time... lol

I'm a hopeless romantic :) the books are wonderful and in the books Edward is an awesome character and I get it (although wow, attitude to Jacob, cruel much??)

It's the actor playing edward in the films that as a male I just don't get :tongue: don't worry, I'm sure it says more about me than their choice of actor given the whoops and women falling in the aisles at the cinema :lol: but as a guy, I wouldn't mind looking like Jacob but I wouldnt expect too much if I looked like edward with his shirt off :lol:

lisaw
19-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Yep Edward could whisk me away to isle Esme whenever he wanted, I'd even get in that little speedboat thingy to get there and I wouldn't do that for many people!

keith
19-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Yep Edward could whisk me away to isle Esme whenever he wanted, I'd even get in that little speedboat thingy to get there and I wouldn't do that for many people!

yep it did look a bit precarious :lol:

No love for poor old Jacob then?

Britchick
19-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Jacob is 2 years older than my son :unsure:
i've never been about the beef cake really, it scares me a little coupled with i like intelligent men ....i'll let you fill in the rest.

what can i say about the chap playing Edward........his hair, his eyes, his neck, his back, his arms......... oh my need to go for a cold shower. He has beefed out a bit too for this one, or maybe it's special effects. Millions of women can't be wrong, can they?

lisaw
19-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Nope no beefcake for me either, bit of luck really cos the chance would have been a fine thing! :wink:

Yep the hair, the eyes and the way he treats Bella does it for me!

foreverducky
19-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I'll be the lone woman in the corner who doesn't really care for either actors physically, but (and it may sound a cliche) their personalities in the movies are what keeps me watching. :unsure:

Kate
19-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Im not a fan of either of them either physically, but from the clips ive seen edward is really protective and i quite like that! :yes:

Britchick
19-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Im not a fan of either of them either physically, but from the clips ive seen edward is really protective and i quite like that! :yes:

me too :yes: of course i don't need protecting but sometimes it is nice :tongue:

i don't like R Patz as himself, just as the characters he plays.

Wendy
21-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I've read the books, but I can't watch the films, I just don't like Robert Pattinson at all. I have seen clips but whether I could watch a whole film is another matter.

Now if Damon (Ian Somerhalder) or Stefan (Paul Wesley) from Vampire Diaries were in it, that would be different :lol:

keith
21-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I've read the books, but I can't watch the films, I just don't like Robert Pattinson at all. I have seen clips but whether I could watch a whole film is another matter.

yeah see I concur albeit from a male and therefore irrelevent perspective :lol: the books are great but the films have been a let down.

Now if Damon (Ian Somerhalder) or Stefan (Paul Wesley) from Vampire Diaries were in it, that would be different :lol:

Vampire Diaries has been brilliant :)

Wendy
21-11-2011, 03:12 PM
yeah see I concur albeit from a male and therefore irrelevent perspective :lol: the books are great but the films have been a let down.

I'm like that with a lot of books I've read though, I read the Di Vinci Code, but I couldn't watch it because of Tom Hanks - I think he's a good actor, but he wasn't what I imagined Robert Langdon would look like :lol:

Oh I agree :yes: I haven't read the books, I bought them, but I enjoy the series too much and the books are supposed to be completely different, so maybe one day when the series has finished I might dig out the books :lol:

foreverducky
22-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Ian Somerhalder....yummy! That dark hair and blue eyes! I'm a few weeks behind on Vampire Diaries.

And what was up with Tom Hanks in that role? That didn't make any sense to me....I pictured someone completely different.

Esmeralda
22-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Ah you finally read the Twilight books then lol, after we all said to and that they were good. May I recommend ALL of Darren Shans books, they are really good. Again in the kids/teens section but still very very good and different. He has a website.

keith
22-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Ah you finally read the Twilight books then lol, after we all said to and that they were good.

Hmmm I shall have to look back and see about that :P I'm pretty sure I read them a long time before anyone mentioned them to me but perhaps not :P

May I recommend ALL of Darren Shans books, they are really good. Again in the kids/teens section but still very very good and different. He has a website.

yeah read all those...

I recommend the morganville vampire series by Rachel Caine
http://www.morganvilletexas.com/Morganville_Texas/Banner.html

Esmeralda
22-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Hmmm I shall have to look back and see about that :P I'm pretty sure I read them a long time before anyone mentioned them to me but perhaps not :P

yeah read all those...

I recommend the morganville vampire series by Rachel Caine
http://www.morganvilletexas.com/Morganville_Texas/Banner.html

Ooh those look good.... making a list now, thanks for that!