PDA

View Full Version : Look what I just bought!

Beccaberry
29-11-2011, 02:33 AM
The kids and I were waxing nostalgic the other night about the neat holographic glasses Disney used to hand out at the Osborne Lights...we all agreed they were fun and festive and we missed them :)

So tonight I was avoiding doing work and did a little searching and found these!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MUT766/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I also bought a snowman pair and an angel pair!! SO EXCITED! (AND! I remembered to use Keith's link!! :bounce: )

keith
29-11-2011, 09:48 AM
The kids and I were waxing nostalgic the other night about the neat holographic glasses Disney used to hand out at the Osborne Lights...we all agreed they were fun and festive and we missed them :)

So tonight I was avoiding doing work and did a little searching and found these!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MUT766/ref=ox_ya_os_product

They were the BEST :) Such a shame they stopped doing them

I also bought a snowman pair and an angel pair!! SO EXCITED! (AND! I remembered to use Keith's link!! :bounce: )

YAYAYAYA Thanks for that and thanks to everyone who clicks the amazon links before ordering, it really helps pay for the site :yes:

Kate
29-11-2011, 10:48 AM
I didnt know about the link Keith, is there a thread or anything around about it?

I also didnt know about the glasses - when did they start/stop doing them? Did they make alot of difference?

keith
29-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I didnt know about the link Keith, is there a thread or anything around about it?

I dont think there is Kate :/ I just have them at the left hand side but if you click on that link to take you to Amazon and then you buy something, although you pay the best price amazon have, the site gets a tiny thankyou from amazon which all helps of course :yes:

It's just a no-lose way of helping the site since the price you pay is exactly the same anyway

Beccaberry
29-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I also didnt know about the glasses - when did they start/stop doing them? Did they make alot of difference?

Hmmmm not sure when they stopped doing them?? Perhaps when they moved from the backlot to the city (boo!)? I know a couple of years ago, they offered them to AP holders...but not to the general pop.

As for the difference they made...I s'pose that's subjective. Some people LOVED them, other people thought they were "meh". I think my kids and I remember them fondly because the experience itself held such amazing memories and, as one tends to do at times like that, you remember the "little" things.

uscwest
29-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Hmmmm not sure when they stopped doing them?? Perhaps when they moved from the backlot to the city (boo!)? I know a couple of years ago, they offered them to AP holders...but not to the general pop.

As for the difference they made...I s'pose that's subjective. Some people LOVED them, other people thought they were "meh". I think my kids and I remember them fondly because the experience itself held such amazing memories and, as one tends to do at times like that, you remember the "little" things.The last year I remember having them was the year before they tore down the old backlot.

Kate
29-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Oooh i see! First time i saw them was 2008, didnt realise they were somewhere else before that!

I see the link now Keith - will try and remember to go through here next time as i use amazon quite a bit!

catrancher
29-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Believe it or not, I just saw those in Home Depot this past weekend. :shocked:

Tom (:macwave:... wouldn't want to wear them while using my power tools though!)

Beccaberry
29-11-2011, 07:43 PM
HAHAHA! Really? Very cool! May have to check there for a few "back-up" pairs!

Mari
29-11-2011, 10:08 PM
super!!! :)

Johnie
29-11-2011, 11:52 PM
The first time I saw the Osborne lights was in 1995. No glasses then.

Tinker
02-12-2011, 03:37 AM
I still have four pair of the ones they handed out . I can't wait to put them on Kierstyn this year .