PDA

View Full Version : Hey There

Tinker
02-12-2011, 02:41 AM
where do I even start , beginning of 2011, I was happily taking care of mom . Left for WDW in March and my brothers were inconveniented with phone calls of her antics . God forbid ! They never took her to a doctor, but in April decided to leave me behind while they did so .
Next thing I knew, I was no longer caring for her and she was placed in a nursing home . I stayed with her the night before and you could see the change come over her . It was like she died inside and I died right along with her. We cried together ! I couldn't bring myself to go when they took her , she walked in and never walked after that . I've been depressed for months and can barely make myself go there to visit her .
I don't or can't even talk of what I've been through with my son . He's still so badly depressed . I've been seeing a therapist just to deal with all this . Then ...
In September , I got a cold and left it go too long . October 4th , I was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia . Released on the 8th and readmitted on the 23rd , I had fractured my 3rd rib coughing, the X Ray did not pick it up and the infection never fully went away . I relapsed ! I was released October 28th . Before going in the hospital, the 2nd time, I realized my 2 year old cat, Mr Binx was very sick . On November 1st, he was put to rest , bone marrow cancer . I couldn't go as I was still recovering . November 7th , stepped off the curb the wrong way and fractured the side of my foot in three areas .
I have other health issues, that I won't get into now .I'll just say I'm under the care of a neurologist as well .
There is a bit of sunshine at the end of all this . Some of you will remember that I left the job I loved in 2005, 6 years ago in November .
The owner was not only my boss & mentor , but my best friend . When I walked out on her it became ugly . We chose to believe we were dead to one another .
Right aftrer fracturing my foot , I had a friend request on facebook and it was from her . We went out to lunch together, talked and put the past behind us .
I am happy to report that I have my kids and my life back . Although I'm hobbling, I'm back to work Part Time teaching pre school in the morning and sometimes go back and work the after school program .
God knew I needed someone special to lift my spirits and he gave me what I needed most even though I didn't know it myself . I've been given a 2nd chance , thatt I will never take for granted again .
If someone had told me 6 months ago , things will get better, you are going back to Kids At Work and your DF , I'd had said, they were crazy . :lol:

robertcraig
02-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh dear you have had a terrible time. I am glad you are feeling better.I always say each day is the first day of the rest of your life:hug2::hug2::hug2:

keith
02-12-2011, 11:07 AM
WOW what a time you've had :hug2: there's a movie in there somewhere!

catrancher
02-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Sounds like it's time to put paid to this year and get on with the next! :surrender:

At least it sounds like things are looking up. :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... glad it's getting better!)

Watchinherskip
02-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh, what a year you had. So glad that things are finally picking up. You needed it and deserved it!

Kate
02-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh what an awful year you've had, its nearly over now - onwards and upwards Tinker!! :yes:
Here's to a happier and healthier 2012! :hug2:

MystikPiglit
02-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Hope things will just keep improving for you.:hug2:

Mari
02-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Oh my goodness

:hug2: lots of :hug2::hug2::hug2: hun

What a tough year...

I am so glad things are beginning to look brighter :)

And I hope 2012 is a wonderful wonderful year!