PDA

View Full Version : Recording a phone call

josh.p.
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi all,

Anyone know if it's possible to somehow record a phone call from the iPhone? I am interviewing the Director of Health soon for a feature I'm writing and I can't find a way to record her! The voice-memo app automatically pauses when you go to a call. :sigh: The other way I thought was to call my voicemail whilst I was on the phone to her and record it that way (merging the calls) but that doesn't work, either. :thumbsdown:

Mari
07-12-2011, 06:11 PM
wow... I have never tried to do it...

could you talk to her via your computer? maybe record it with facetime?

catrancher
07-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Isn't that illegal? :unsure:

Over here, I'm pretty sure it is unless you're the police and you've got a warrant.

Tom (:macwave:... not an expert by any means...)

Wendy
08-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Isn't that illegal? :unsure:

Over here, I'm pretty sure it is unless you're the police and you've got a warrant.

Tom (:macwave:... not an expert by any means...)

So long as you tell the person you are speaking to that you are recording them, it's OK Tom.

uscwest
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Same thing here Tom. I frequently receive a recorded message that our conversations may be recorded.

catrancher
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Same thing here Tom. I frequently receive a recorded message that our conversations may be recorded.

Thanks John. I wasn't sure anymore. I thought it could be done if you told them you're doing it but didn't think you could do it without their knowledge and consent.

It was confusing to me I admit. But since I didn't ever record any phone calls, it didn't really register what the rules were surrounding it.

Tom (:macwave:... who gets his legal information from Law and Order on TV)

Skywatcher
09-12-2011, 09:34 AM
pretty sure there is an app I shall check and get back to you

Skywatcher
09-12-2011, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVr_JzLAQkQ

Skywatcher
09-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks John. I wasn't sure anymore. I thought it could be done if you told them you're doing it but didn't think you could do it without their knowledge and consent.

It was confusing to me I admit. But since I didn't ever record any phone calls, it didn't really register what the rules were surrounding it.

Tom (:macwave:... who gets his legal information from Law and Order on TV)

All our calls at work are recorded and it has been a lifesaver on many occasions