PDA

View Full Version : What a Weekend!!

Wendy
13-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I know it's Tuesday and the weekend has well and truly been and gone, but I'm glad it's over :sigh:

I don't know how it happened, but on Saturday I was eating a sandwich and something went down the wrong way. Well that's what I thought had happened, I started coughing, gasping for breath and then I couldn't breathe. I'm just lucky Chris was there, he hit me between the shoulder blades, which must have dislodged whatever it was because he said I started to breathe, he said I then passed out. He called 999 and 2 paramedics came, I was checked over and they said I was OK, but very lucky I hadn't been alone :unsure: I was then shown what do do if I am on my own and it happens again, I don't know if I'd think logically enough to do it though.

I was told to go to my GP on Monday, she said there wasn't anything she could do as it happened on Saturday and I seemed fine now - I knew it would be a waste of time :rolleyes: I wish my original GP hadn't retired, you didn't feel like you were intruding with him :(

I wasn't allowed to stay on my own yesterday :lol: I had to go to a friends and Chris was also supposed to be away over night, but he cancelled it.

He was happy to leave me today although he has said he will be home early :lol:

I'm OK now, just got a very sore chest and throat, I keep thinking I've got something stuck in my throat and I've got an annoying cough.

I'm scared to have anything solid when I'm on my own, so it will be soup for lunch. It was a horrible, worse than any panic attack I've ever had :sigh:

Deb
13-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh Wendy :hug2: How scary! So glad Chris was there!!

Don't be so sure you wouldn't remember what to do if it were to happen if you were on your own. Now you know what the course of action is your brain will do a great job of bringing it to your attention! But if it was just one of those things that was an accident then the chances of it happening again are very slim....though I can completely understand why you are wary :sorry: How long before Chris will allow you top be on your won and not just eat soup? :)

Glad you're ok :hug2:

xxx

uscwest
13-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Oh my sweetie. Sorry to hear about that. Glad that Chris was there.

catrancher
13-12-2011, 01:25 PM
No more solid food for you young lady!

We don't need scares like that. :nono:

Glad that Chris was there and that you're feeling better. :yes:

It's just too bad that you'll have to subsist on Jello for the remainder of your life. :blech:

Tom (:macwave:... yummm!)

MystikPiglit
13-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Good grief! Thank heavens you are okay. :hug2::hug2: Whatever was in that sandwich?:unsure:

I was told to go to my GP on Monday, she said there wasn't anything she could do as it happened on Saturday and I seemed fine now - I wish my original GP hadn't retired, you didn't feel like you were intruding with him :(
I'm OK now, just got a very sore chest and throat, I keep thinking I've got something stuck in my throat and I've got an annoying cough.

Is there another doctor at the surgery that you could see? Just to double check there's no damage?

Watchinherskip
13-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Gosh Wendy, so very glad that Chris was there!!! Hope you are feeling fit again soon.

Dan

Slowhand
13-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Isn`t Chris a hero? :yes:
I`m glad to hear that all seems ok now Wendy....Boots do a great variety of baby food if you get fed up with soup [literally]. :lol:

Wendy
13-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Oh Wendy :hug2: How scary! So glad Chris was there!!

Don't be so sure you wouldn't remember what to do if it were to happen if you were on your own. Now you know what the course of action is your brain will do a great job of bringing it to your attention! But if it was just one of those things that was an accident then the chances of it happening again are very slim....though I can completely understand why you are wary :sorry: How long before Chris will allow you top be on your won and not just eat soup? :)

Glad you're ok :hug2:

xxx

Thanks Deb :hug2:

Chris is OK :lol: he came home a little while ago and asked if I'd had anything to eat. I'm worried about it happening again, so until I feel comfortable, I'll just be having soup at lunchtime and a meal in the evening.

No more solid food for you young lady!

We don't need scares like that. :nono:

Glad that Chris was there and that you're feeling better. :yes:

It's just too bad that you'll have to subsist on Jello for the remainder of your life. :blech:

Tom (:macwave:... yummm!)

I like Jello :D

Good grief! Thank heavens you are okay. :hug2::hug2: Whatever was in that sandwich?:unsure:

Is there another doctor at the surgery that you could see? Just to double check there's no damage?

:lol: I'd cooked a piece of ham so we had fresh crusty bread with warm ham. It was a piece of bread that got stuck, the paramedic told me to chew my food more slowly :lol:

We aren't allowed to see another doctor in our surgery, only if it's an emergency and my doctor is on one of her days off. I've tried before and all I got was, come back and see your own doctor :shrug: I'm sure I will be fine, it feels like a really bad sore throat, my chest is a bit wheezy but it will be OK.

lozzy
13-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Hope you feel better soon, if your still in pain in a few days i'd go back to the G.P and get it checked, you might have caused damage and you wouldn't want it to get infected.

I know just how scary it is to choke on food, I while back I was eating a large chewy sweet and I managed to swallow it before chewing, well the sweet got stuck and I couldn't clear it, I got to a point where I couldn't breath and remembered some first aid training I'd done, well I punched my chest as hards as I could and luckily the sweet came back up.
All I keep thinking after was if I hadn't cleared the sweet I not be here. Never ever want it to happen again, teach me for eating sweets.

lisaw
13-12-2011, 04:50 PM
So scary Wendy - thank goodness Chris was there! :hug2: It's pretty scary to witness too - Caitlin got a fish bone lodged in her throat when she was younger and she went blue - terrifying! Hope the soreness and wheeziness goes soon :hug2:

MystikPiglit
13-12-2011, 04:55 PM
We aren't allowed to see another doctor in our surgery, only if it's an emergency and my doctor is on one of her days off.

Really? That's unhelpful. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure I will be fine, it feels like a really bad sore throat, my chest is a bit wheezy but it will be OK.

Do you have any Manuka honey? That might help. :hug2:

Tinkfan
13-12-2011, 04:57 PM
:shocked:Oh my gosh, thank goodness you're ok. That happened to my husband 3 weeks ago and he developed a bad case of bronchitis after so make sure if you continue to wheeze that you get it checked out. Truly he has never been so ill.:hug2:

foreverducky
13-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Absolutely terrifying...however, it is now a good excuse to have milkshake or 2.

Wendy
14-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Thank you everyone :hug2:

I like your idea of milkshakes Billie :D :thumbsup:

I might try and get a telephone appointment for the docs today, I don't want to waste her time by taking an actual appointment. My throat is really "scratchy" and it tickles when I breathe :unsure: I'm still wheezing as well, I don't know how long that will last, maybe I've got a cold coming :unsure:

Esmeralda
14-12-2011, 11:09 AM
I would sooner you *bothered* your doctor than became seriously ill... something's not right and you need it to be looked at, even if it's just reassurance you need.

Hope you get well soon and glad it wasn't an awful outcome X :hug2:

Mari
14-12-2011, 05:56 PM
oh my goodness!

How scary

I am so glad Chris was with you and you are ok :hug2:

Kate
14-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh my goodness Wendy - what are you like eh?! :hug2:
Did you manage to get an appointment this afternoon? you should definately get it checked out, its much better to be safe than sorry :yes:

Wendy
14-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I never got my telephone appointment because it's her day off today, she's changed days :lol: :lol:

I asked if I could make an appointment and I was offered 12th January if it wasn't an emergency. Why do they say that, if it was an emergency I'd be going to the hospital :rolleyes:

I gave up, I'll see how it goes the next few days if it doesn't seem to get any better, I'll set Chris on them :lol: :lol:

Don't worry, I'll be alright :hug2:

Tink
15-12-2011, 01:39 AM
That's it. Mechanical soft for you! :eek:

Wendy
15-12-2011, 08:24 AM
That's it. Mechanical soft for you! :eek:

:lol: :lol: ............. :hug2:

MystikPiglit
15-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll see how it goes the next few days if it doesn't seem to get any better, I'll set Chris on them :lol:

Make sure that you do. We shall keep checking on you. :hug2:

Wendy
15-12-2011, 03:53 PM
:hug2: thank you :hug2:

MystikPiglit
20-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Well, here I am checking up on you. :hug2: How is your throat now?

Wendy
20-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Well, here I am checking up on you. :hug2: How is your throat now?

I thought I'd got away with it :lol: :lol:

It's better thank you :hug2: I've got a chesty cough and croaky voice, but I think I've got a cold coming so thats probably why.

Thank you for thinking of me :hug2:

MystikPiglit
20-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I've got a chesty cough and croaky voice

Snap... :thumbsdown:

Always thinking of you, dear friend. :hug2: