PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever heard...

Dawn
15-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Have you ever heard someone say something in the course of a conversation and think..."WOW!"

Today I was in a different class to my normal one and we were reading and when we'd finished the teacher said "you can only read a book for the first time once."

Seriously I can't stop thinking about that. It's just so true and profound and such an amazing thing to say to children. I was totally blown away.

By the way...we were reading The Polar Express. :thumbsup:

Kate
15-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Sometimes things just really get you thinking dont they :yes:

Watchinherskip
15-12-2011, 05:24 PM
That is a good one....:yes:

Beccaberry
15-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Definitely a wow moment.

Esmeralda
15-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Definitely... just last week we were in the company of some true Romany travellers and sitting listening to the Father of the family we were just blown away by what he was saying. He may not have gone to school and gotten an education that way but believe me he was really smart and can see things extremely clearly. He was spot on with the things he was saying. A lovely lovely man.

And he has the most beautiful traditional wagon.

Tink
16-12-2011, 01:30 AM
The first time for anything is always only once. However, that can blind people to the reality of discovering new things in that act (whatever it may have been) each and every time it's re-enacted... Being lulled into missing that is one of the greater misfortunes that befall those who don't savor their world...

Skywatcher
16-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Very cool Dawn, like that a lot. I'm sure you wern't the only one who went home and thought about that.

It continues to give me hope that despite all the technologies avaliable each generation still gets profound pleasure in picking up a book and reading. As long as there are bookstores I will have faith that mankind can keep moving forward.

foreverducky
16-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I work with a forensic population so I'm always leaving a conversation going, "Wow." But hey, you probably meant in a different way, huh?! :yes:

Mari
16-12-2011, 08:29 PM
love it! :yes:

Tink
17-12-2011, 12:58 AM
I work with a forensic population so I'm always leaving a conversation going, "Wow." But hey, you probably meant in a different way, huh?! :yes:

I get your "wow." I did forensics for the state of Florida for several years. Wow is about all there is left to say! :eek:

foreverducky
17-12-2011, 02:07 AM
So true, so true.