PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV

Skywatcher
12-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Well its sat on teh living room table at the moment but due to a lack of broadband I haven't had a play - anyone got one ? is it good for linking up with ipad etc? what do you use yours for?

need an hdmi and an optical cable as well when I go shopping :)

keith
12-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Well its sat on teh living room table at the moment but due to a lack of broadband I haven't had a play - anyone got one ? is it good for linking up with ipad etc? what do you use yours for?

need an hdmi and an optical cable as well when I go shopping :)

It's B B B B B Brilllllllliant! :D

We have them dotted around the tvs so we can stream movies from the ipad or from the NAS

We can also mirror the ipad output wirelessly to any apple tv in the house which is sometimes useful for showing apps or photos etc (I've got one for the boardroom tv at work for the same reason, great for presentations)

Dizneyblonde
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
We've got one too and love it!

Jack has all our holiday movies stored on his Mac and streams them downstairs on the big tv.

So easy to show stuff from the iPad too :D

Skywatcher
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Brilliant - exactly what I was hoping to be able to do :thumbsup:

Have to say when I looked into it I was amazed how cheap it was!

its lovely and small too , just wish it was white or silver

Dizneyblonde
12-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Brilliant - exactly what I was hoping to be able to do :thumbsup:

Have to say when I looked into it I was amazed how cheap it was!

its lovely and small too , just wish it was white or silver

I love it being black,it blends in with my tv stand!

Skywatcher
12-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Well that sucks. It is dead :(. Remote completely doesn't work despite trying to pair it etc nada

Only got to play today as the internet has come back up.

Number of Xmas presents 1 , number that work 0

Sigh.

Wendy
12-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Well that sucks. It is dead :(. Remote completely doesn't work despite trying to pair it etc nada

Sigh.

:hug2: that's not good at all :sigh: :hug2:

Tink
01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Oh wow. How disappointing is that? :sorry: Let's hope that the legendary Apple service comes to the rescue.

keith
01-03-2012, 05:05 AM

Sigh.

Ive wanted to reply and say "try this" but I can't think of anything you wouldn't already have tried :(

Do you have a replacement yet?

(incidently. Mr highfalutin techie know it all here ordered that 27" imac when it first came out as you know as a combined depressed-birthday-christmas-something-has-to-go-right present a couple of years ago. Tracked it every hour from China then spent an hour in unbelievable mental anguish when it wouldn't turn on :((((((((((((((((( Finally kept the button pressed in a bit longer and perfect. It happens to the best of us at times :/ )

Skywatcher
01-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Well it turns out it was the battery in the remote, it was completely and utterly dead which is bizzare are it was brand spanking new - appraently if it even has a tiny bit of charge you get the 'low battery' symbol on the screen

Anyway up and running last night and it all works rather well

think I'm going to enjoy this :D

Music through the surround system is very good indeed

Is there any way to 'show' the iPad on the TV for example play angry birds and watch it on the TV?

Tink
01-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh wow! That's great that it all worked out!

Keith! I remember that! :yes:

catrancher
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Is there any way to 'show' the iPad on the TV for example play angry birds and watch it on the TV?

Yep. :yes:

It's called Airplay Mirroring. Here's the tech note (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4085) on how to set it up.

Tom (:macwave:... Angry Birds on a wall sized tv! :thumbsup:)

Skywatcher
01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Popp , need an iPad 2 - ah well another reason to get the 3 when it comes ;)