PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! Last minute stuff.

Watchinherskip
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I guess I am trying to put my thoughts together for tomorrow's trip. I need your help!

What do I absolutely need to remember for the trip?

Checked the weather...kind of scarey...around 30 degrees this morning in Orlando. But it is supposed to only get better each day of the trip to the tune of upper 60's to low 70's. So

1. Fleece
2. Windbreaker
3. Cameras (wife's Nikon point and shoot, and maybe a video camera) Memory cards and battery chargers.
4. Teva sandals, dock siders
5. Ususal clothes...
6. Sunglasses

Now what else do we need. Saw a picture of Johnie and remembered to bring a Sharpie for DD's Birthday button. Thank you Johnie.

What small things do we need to bring???? Help!!

Beccaberry
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Anything you can layer...the weather seemed to fluctuate A LOT.

Sunscreen. Even in the cooler weather, I still sunburned.

We always bring an extension cord. It's not a necessity, but with all the iPhones, cameras and what not in the room, it's great to have a few extra plugs. Plus, we have found that the outlets in the rooms oftentimes don't hold the plugs well, so this just offers an alternative.

Band-aides
Medications you might need (they are quite expensive to buy onsite)
Corkscrew :)

Let's see...what else....

Watchinherskip
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks Becca!!!

Forgot the sunscreen...oh just thought of a small back pack or something for the layering of clothes, cameras etc...

Oh, this is sort of cathartic...making me think. I have 3 Disney gift cards that I would have forgotten. Oh and one of the Ipods....

Getting there..thank you again..please keep them coming..really helps! Oh sunglasses and keeper....see.:tongue:

Beccaberry
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
All your dining confirmation numbers - you don't typically need them, but you might :)

Watchinherskip
03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Good one...we have all the paper work for the trip in one folder...need to put that in the backpack. :yes:

Wendy
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
My email address :wink: :D

Beccaberry
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Chargers....for everything.

Watchinherskip
03-01-2012, 04:38 PM

Oh yes, do need that...don't think I have it though.

Hey are any other members down there this week?

arkvilla
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Oh yes, do need that...don't think I have it though.

Hey are any other members down there this week?

Mick did the 'Whose going when sticky' thingie :sorry: maybe Wendy can take it over for now so we don't lose it

You put in your dates and where you are staying and then you can see if anyone else is there ( of course people have to let the Mod know when they are going to make this work well)

Sandra

MystikPiglit
03-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Any tickets or e-ticket confirmations.

Wendy
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Mick did the 'Whose going when sticky' thingie :sorry: maybe Wendy can take it over for now so we don't lose it

You put in your dates and where you are staying and then you can see if anyone else is there ( of course people have to let the Mod know when they are going to make this work well)

Sandra

I don't mind carrying on in Mick's memory if people want me to.

Watchinherskip
03-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Thank you Wendy!

catrancher
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Have a great time Dan!

Wish I were going to. But maybe not till it warms up a bit! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... freezing at the moment...)

Watchinherskip
03-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I know Tom, its crazy cold here, at least after the warm weather we WERE having. Good news is it won't last too long there. We went once in January, again for DD's birthday and it was quite cold then too. DD wanted against all warning to hit the pool at Poly. Well when she got out after all our warnings she nearly got frostbite. I would guess that it was like the weather there today. In the 40's with a really strong N wind. We will NEVER let her live that one down:tongue:

pixiequeen
04-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Motrin for sore muscles

Laundry sheets if you are doing laundry there- way too expesive to buy there

cheap ponchos from dollar store if you don't like getting wet- throw them away after you ride or give them to someone!

If you do pressed pennies- Mini m&m containers- stack 2 quarters and one penny over and over inside it so you have them handy

If you have paper tickets, take pictures of the numbers on the back with your camera or cell phone, just in case you lose them.

DON'T FORGET YOUR CHARGERS!

Tink
04-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Have a wonderful time, 'Skip!!! We'll look forward to hearing all about it and seeing any photos you care to share! :yes: :tralala:

Watchinherskip
04-01-2012, 01:50 AM

Check...thanks Wendy!

Watchinherskip
04-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Great ideas one and all...:yes:

Sitting here..almost packed. Made a list checking it twice and listening to Live365 Mouse House Radio...Tapestry of Nations...I so do miss that show/parade. Maybe one of our favorites.

Almost 9 here EST....planning on leaving around 4:00:sorry:

Brutal but oh so exciting!

Charged up my Ipods and added Disney songs...yeah!

What else is there to do? Not sure:unsure:

Need to focus on the packing! But will stop bye later.

Beccaberry
04-01-2012, 02:33 AM
So very exciting...I'm reliving the anticipation right along with you, mate! :hug2:

Watchinherskip
04-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Thanks Becca, DW has headed off to bed, Alex's girlfriend has arrived and is sleeping over to get our early start....won't be long now...officially Skip has left the compound.

To all my Disney friends, thanks for helping me get ready and for getting me psyched up for the trip.

I will do my best to try to live up to Becca's spot on reports but at the very least I will have lots of pictures to share.

God bless.

Dan, Sally, Alex (and our guest Rachel)

Beccaberry
04-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Have the most amazing trip, Dan...I'll be thinking of you and your lovely family!

Johnie
04-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Have a wonderful trip!!

foreverducky
04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Safe travels and stay warm!

uscwest
04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, you should be well on the road by now. Have a great trip.

MystikPiglit
04-01-2012, 03:48 PM
A bit late, but... have a funtastic time!