PDA

View Full Version : I have a countdown!!!!

Kate
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Could this be the longest countdown ever?! :lol:
I almost didnt do it when i realised how far away this trip actually is, but hey ho!!
We are going back - now gotta start putting the pennies away! :thumbsup:

Slowhand
08-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Well done. :thumbsup: :bounce:

At least you have something to look forward to and loads of time to plan. :yes:

Suebeattie
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Blimey that is one big countdown :yes:
:wiggle:

Kate
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Blimey that is one big countdown :yes:

Its our 10th wedding anniversary and dh's 40th birthday, so seemed very appropriate to go back at that time! :yes:

Suebeattie
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Its our 10th wedding anniversary and dh's 40th birthday, so seemed very appropriate to go back at that time! :yes:

Ooooo lovely, nice to have a Disney holiday to look forward to.

Wendy
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
:mental: :mental: :mental: Kate that is brilliant news :hug2 I am so happy for you :D

It's going to be a fantastic holiday with your anniversary and DH's 40th birthday. So many things to plan and it might seem like a long countdown, but times flies by so quickly :yes: and of course you should put it up :hug2:

Tink
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I like the hope and promise implied in future plans. :yes:

chief
08-01-2012, 08:16 PM
its good to plan well in advance. we booked this comming trip last january, that seemed a long time to go. it does fly by, and i think it helps with the saving to have a date set:yes:

uscwest
08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Well that is a long time out, but hey look at how much time you have to save to have a really super trip.

Tinkfan
09-01-2012, 12:39 AM
:tongue: :hug2: That is indeed wonderful!!! Your change bank will be HUGE!

Kate
09-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Thank you everyone!
Ive bought a couple of those saving tins where you can put money in but you cant take it out unless you break the whole bank - thats what we need in this house cus we are always dipping into the pot!!

Wendy
09-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Thank you everyone!
Ive bought a couple of those saving tins where you can put money in but you cant take it out unless you break the whole bank - thats what we need in this house cus we are always dipping into the pot!!

It's surprising how quickly it adds up Kate :yes: I started in November (I think) and I've got one of those huge plastic coke bottles which is just over a quarter full. Mind you if Chris leaves any coins lying around I take them:lol: It's got so bad that he actually says, "I've left some change on the bedside table - don't take it" :lol: :lol:

He calls me the Loose Change Monster :lol: :lol:

uscwest
09-01-2012, 11:43 AM
It's surprising how quickly it adds up Kate :yes: I started in November (I think) and I've got one of those huge plastic coke bottles which is just over a quarter full. Mind you if Chris leaves any coins lying around I take them:lol: It's got so bad that he actually says, "I've left some change on the bedside table - don't take it" :lol: :lol:

He calls me the Loose Change Monster :lol: :lol:Loose change doesn't get a chance to hang loose in our house either Wendy. Though I sometimes have to tell Donna to empty her purse because it is getting too heavy.

MystikPiglit
09-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Could this be the longest countdown ever?! :lol:

Maybe... but it is great to have it to aim for. :mickeybounce: Happy saving. :thumbsup:

Kate
09-01-2012, 05:27 PM
We are always raiding places that dh has left change laying around in - Isabelle's in there for the 2ps (she has her own pot so she can play the 2p machines in the arcades at the seaside) and i, well im not fussy so anything thats laying around gets snapped up for one of my many pots!! :lol:

Mari
09-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I think itd wonderful to plan :)

It really helps my motivation when I have a date set :)

Sam
14-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Man I thought we had a long countdown.

We've got saving tins for the kids which can't be opened unless you have a tin opener. Everytime they do any chores we put some money in, of course that means I don't have much in mine because I keep putting any spare change in theirs. Also some friends bought them dollars to put in for christmas this year instead of toys and they'll do the same next christmas too.

At this rate the trip will be on the kids.