PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh?

Mari
09-01-2012, 06:29 PM
:unsure: I remember a review from ages ago, I think it was Dawn who dined there

Apart from that, I dont recall it ever being mentioned

So.. the menu looks super yummy, the belly dancers might be interesting for the kids...

Is it as good as it sounds?

Thank you!

Watchinherskip
09-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi Mari,
Yup we just dined there this week. It was pretty good. Not a big fan of Mid Eastern stuff, but I had the lemon chicken and it was pretty good. DW had the kabob..that was delicious. Others had couscous (sp?), two had the vegetable variety and one had the chicken. All good. Dancer came over to our table as our DD and her friend both had on their birthday pins. They were asked to dance. DD declined...she gets shy from time to time...but Rachel (who is a dancer) joined right in and did a fantastic job. May have to post picture or video.

Our server was very good and very cheerful. He even brought over deserts for the girls.

Mari
09-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Thank you so much :hug2:

I think thats where we'll dine

Its impossible to get a decent kebab in Mexico, and mymouth watered reading about it on the menu.. so its good to know the place is worth while :)

Tink
10-01-2012, 02:05 AM
We've always enjoyed Marrakesh, although we've not been in some time (two years I think).

The dancer is quite good and brings the children out to join her so the girls should have a great time! I really like the Middle Eastern style music, so that's a plus for us too. :yes:

Dawn
10-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Adrian and myself had a lovely lunch there a few years back. That was before the dining plan so I have no idea how that's changed things though. :unsure:

uscwest
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
We haven't eaten there in a while, but the times we have the food has been very good and if we had grand kids with us they got to dance with the belly dancer.

Wendy
10-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Is this the restaurant where you sit at long tables rather than at your own table :unsure:

Mari
10-01-2012, 05:17 PM
it is Wendy :)

but there's four of us and four of them, so maybe enough for a table?

Thanks everyone!

I think its settled, we will have dinner there :)

uscwest
10-01-2012, 05:34 PM
We have always had our own table at Marrakesh. The only place that they seat us with other people is at the Biergarten in Germany.

Watchinherskip
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes, we had 8 in our party and it looks like they pushed a few tables together. Of course my daughter Alex loved the crayons and paper on the tables....so glad we have spent all the tuition money at college as an art major so she can draw with crayolas:tongue:

Tinkfan
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
We had our own table and didn't have crayons!! Be careful with the girls and keep a close eye, it's a crowded mess when you check in!

Wendy
10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
it sounds promising :) I've always stayed away because I don't cope sitting with strangers very well :embarassed:

Tink
11-01-2012, 01:33 AM
We've always had our own table, regardless of party size. I've not ever seen them seat strangers with one another.

Biergarten, yes. :yes: But even there you can request your own table. We've done that before.

The only real issue we ever had with Biergarten was being seated in the middle of the table with people on either side of us. Didn't much like that.