PDA

View Full Version : Do You Remember the Tapestry of Nations at Epcot

Wendy
20-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I would love to see Epcot bring it back or something similar.

I thought it was amazing and was really sad when it finished, I think Disney made a big mistake when they ended it.

Does anyone else miss this, or is it just me :unsure:

Skywatcher
20-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Re: Tapestry of Nations at Epcot

Dar it , I was hoping it would be one of your news posts, and they'd brought it back

Tapestry of Nations was IMO the best thing I had ever seen at a Disney park ever. The music the costumes the huge rolling drums, the vision all around the lake - just spectacular - we bought the cd of the music for the millenium and we still play it to cheer ourselves up

However I belive there were serious helth issues re the backs of teh puppeteers so if it ever does come back it won't be in its old format, and it these austere times I can't see them employing hundreds of cast members a night to do the parade 'in the round'.

Wey la wey la wey la wehe he la oh weeeeee heee heeee

Wendy
20-01-2012, 12:02 PM

:oops: sorry Chris ....................it was amazing wasn't it :yes: You are probably right though about the health and safety side of things.

Memories :sigh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-heAxv4axg&hd=1

daveann
20-01-2012, 01:28 PM

i too thought this was one of wendy's news threads that it was on its way back :(
it was an amazing parade i dont think any of the other parades are as good :)

Watchinherskip
20-01-2012, 01:38 PM

It truly was an awesome sight. Chris....love the way you sing it too...:tongue:

Slowhand
20-01-2012, 02:58 PM

This truly was an amazing parade, thanks Wendy for bringing back those happy memories.
The parade, followed by Illuminations was the perfect end to a visit to Epcot. :yes:

Wendy
20-01-2012, 04:05 PM

i too thought this was one of wendy's news threads that it was on its way back :(
it was an amazing parade i dont think any of the other parades are as good :)

I am so sorry :hug2: :hug2:

I've changed the title now so I don't upset anyone else :embarassed:

Mari
20-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I never saw it :( but Im assuming it was wonderful

uscwest
20-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I loved Tapestry of Nations. It was a tremendous prelude to the fireworks, especially when they used to bounce all of those pictures off of Spaceship Earth.

Watchinherskip
20-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Music was haunting, it was visually fantastic. One of our favorites. Was that when the big Micky hand with wand was on SSE? Think I just got rid of my 2000 Disney Tickets. hehe

keith
20-01-2012, 06:14 PM
It was brilliant and I Couldn't believe it when they cancelled it! I'm staggered that after all this time there's no replacement :(

daveann
20-01-2012, 07:13 PM
wendy you have brought some memories back today and for that i really do thank you i loved this and my boys did too :)

Tink
21-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Loved it first and best when it was the Great Millennium Walk with the Sage of Time, but continued to love it even when the Sage of Time was gone, and it became the Tapestry of Nations. I honestly don't know how many times I saw this, but loved it each time.

Wasn't so fond of the Tapestry of Dreams version...

Have had a number of CMs tell us that this event was the best thing ever to happen to Workman's Comp! :( I guess the puppet type costumes were really hard to control (which is why they always tested wind speed first and would cancel if it were too high).

It embodied EPCOT's World Showcase, didn't it? Always made me feel as thought I were part of humanity, the great global society...

Although quite raggedy now, we still have the t-shirts.