PDA

View Full Version : Just thought we could all use some sage advice

Johnie
07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. I put this in my blog, but I thought we all could benefit from this. Kenny Rogers sang this song and it applies to ALL situations

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.
Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

uscwest
08-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Truer words were never spoken Johnie.

Tink
08-08-2008, 02:09 AM
I am so not a fan of that sort of music. Except for that song.

I can hear him now...

May I derail just one minute? Remember the other very popular Kenny Rogers song?

Something like, "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille..."

My little brother thought the lyrics went on to say, "four hundred children done crapped in the field..." :sorry:

Well, I thought it was hysterical when I heard him singing it that way. :sorry:

Johnie
08-08-2008, 02:14 AM
:lol: oh.my.goodness! I am glad I was not eating or drinking anything!!!

Tink
08-08-2008, 02:19 AM
See?! It is funny, isn't it?! :lol: My poor brother was forever getting the lyrics wrong. Mama thought he had hearing trouble, for awhile! Really!

Anyway, back on track now folks. :sorry:

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 02:22 AM
No wait!! I have to :laugh: OMG OMG OMG!!

I just smacked Jon I was laughing so hard...he thought I'd took leave of my senses. Then I tried to tell him what you said (five times) and couldn't finish the sentence I was laughing so hard.

OMG.

I am going to *wake up* laughing about that.

Tink
08-08-2008, 02:24 AM
:D :sorry:

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 02:26 AM
He's now banned me from reading your posts before bedtime...

So then.

Kenny Rogers. Yes. He had some brilliant insight.

Johnie
08-08-2008, 02:27 AM
:lol: that was so funny!

Tink
08-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Remember the old ACDC song that had lyrics that went, "dirty deeds, done dirt cheap?"

Little brother thought they were singing, "dirty deeds dunder chief." :yes: He asked my Da what sort of chief a Dunder was. I'm serious! :yes: He was one heck of a kid. Always a laugh with him around! :yes:

Johnie
08-08-2008, 02:32 AM
:lol:

My musical misquote stories are all dirty......;)

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Are you kidding me? That may have been the funniest thing I've heard in MONTHS.

I just keep scrolling up there and reading it over and over again.

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Remember the old ACDC song that had lyrics that went, "dirty deeds, done dirt cheap?"

Little brother thought they were singing, "dirty deeds dunder chief." :yes: He asked my Da what sort of chief a Dunder was. I'm serious! :yes: He was one heck of a kid. Always a laugh with him around! :yes:

:lol: Perhaps with that particular song, it may have been best that he misquoted it :D

Of course Jon loves that song and thinks it should be the song we enter the reception hall to after our wedding :nono:

Can you see why we haven't had a wedding yet?

Johnie
08-08-2008, 02:36 AM
At least he doesn't want the HHH theme song :lol:

Tink
08-08-2008, 02:39 AM
My sister got married to the theme from Twin Peaks. What can I say? There are SOME adventurous people in my family. :D

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Now just STOP that!!! He's already asking if I think I can send him an invitation.

Maybe we should just elope in September :wink:

My sister got married to the theme from Twin Peaks. What can I say? There are SOME adventurous people in my family.

Twin Peaks!?! Oh my!!

My mother would DIE, I tell you DIE if I walked into the reception hall to ACDC!! LOL!!

Johnie
08-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Now just STOP that!!! He's already asking if I think I can send him an invitation.

Maybe we should just elope in September :wink:

Twin Peaks!?! Oh my!!

My mother would DIE, I tell you DIE if I walked into the reception hall to ACDC!! LOL!!

You could send him an invitation.......do you think he'd show up? OMG I would die! Or better yet.....do you think he would show up like this???

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 02:46 AM
OMG. All I can do is point and laugh....Jon thinks I've been drinking.

OMG. You're killing me.

Well............perhaps if he did I would *consider* walking in to that song :wink:

Johnie
08-08-2008, 02:47 AM
:lol: tell him you are just high on life!

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Oh he thinks I'm high on something alright.....

Johnie
08-08-2008, 02:53 AM
:lol: just tell him he doesn't want to know.

We went to Kentucky for the family reunion back in June. It was me, mom, my sister, Giovanni the new BIL and Alysia. We somehow got started on Chuck Norris and then we were singing the Walker, Texas Ranger theme song. :lol: He would just belt out with it at such strange times. He makes me laugh

Dawn
08-08-2008, 07:25 AM
There's a thread about Kenny Rogers...

I need coffee.

Grammiepo
08-08-2008, 10:44 AM
My sister just loved Kenny Rogers, said he could put his shoes under her bed anytime.

Tink
08-08-2008, 12:11 PM
:eek: :laugh:

Beccaberry
08-08-2008, 12:45 PM
You can eat crackers in my bed any time...you can kick off all the covers in the middle of the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

K. I'll stop now.

But you've all just upped my ipod bill by about 20 bucks.

Grammiepo
08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
You mean, she didn't mean, she liked his shoes,and wanted them??

Tink
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh! Well! Of course she did GrammiePo. :yes: Kenny Rogers (especially when he was with the Fifth Edition) was well known for his very nice, Italian imported shoes. :yes: :D

uscwest
08-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I am so not a fan of that sort of music. Except for that song.

I can hear him now...

May I derail just one minute? Remember the other very popular Kenny Rogers song?

Something like, "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille..."

My little brother thought the lyrics went on to say, "four hundred children done crapped in the field..." :sorry:

Well, I thought it was hysterical when I heard him singing it that way. :sorry:

Sure glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that.

Close to what I thought. I thought they were saying "Thunder Chief" LOL

Tink
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
:oops: Good thing, eh? :yes: