PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a watch?

Mari
14-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Just wondering since lately I have found more and more people who dont :)

josh.p.
14-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I used to feel naked without my watch, until one day it ran out of battery, and then it took me about a week to get around to getting a new one fitted. For some bizarre reason, it broke the habit and now I use my phone instead.

Johnie
14-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Yep, I still wear a watch. It's usually Mickey Mouse. I feel naked without it.

Wendy
14-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I wear a watch all the time, I'm lost without it.

MystikPiglit
14-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Always. Plus I have a spare one and a back-up spare one. Also, thete's a clock in every room. Addicted to knowing the time? Me? What gave it away? Lol.
My father never ever had or used a watch.

keith
14-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Always have but for years now I've used my phone to tell the time and my watch is now I guess jewellery more than anything else (as my co-workers pointed out to me the other day by noticing that the time on my watch is widely inaccurate and bears no resemblance to the correct time whatsoever :) )

Still can't quite go out without it on though

uscwest
14-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I went years without wearing one because of the way they interacted with my skin. Then I discovered Tag Heuer (not cheap mind you). I've been wearing it for several years now. Like Keith I do use my phone a lot to check the time and I often take the watch off at work or any time I am using a keyboard.

keith
14-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Then I discovered Tag Heuer (not cheap mind you).

Love Tag Heuer, really superb. As you say not cheap but worth it

josh.p.
14-02-2012, 10:39 PM
My Dad got a Tag Heur as a gift from his boss and I've had my eye on it ever since, as I say I don't wear watches but it is stunning.

keith
14-02-2012, 10:49 PM
My Dad got a Tag Heur as a gift from his boss and I've had my eye on it ever since, as I say I don't wear watches but it is stunning.

omg! I think I want to go work there !!!

foreverducky
14-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I tend to have a clock in every room, but the bathroom. And in someways 3 in the kitchen. I have one usually on the wall, then there is usually a stove clock, and then the microwave clock. And I also wear a watch.

However, my only exception is a traditional bedroom alarm clock. If I could see the time then every time I woke up I'd be checking the time. So instead I just have my phone within arms reach just in case I NEED to know the time.

josh.p.
15-02-2012, 12:48 AM
omg! I think I want to go work there !!!
He worked there for 30 years before he got the Tag Heur (sp?) I think you could definitely save for one by then :rotfl: He's been there 35 as of last September but they didn't get him anything quite so extravagant for that anniversary :rotfl:

keith
15-02-2012, 12:53 AM
He worked there for 30 years before he got the Tag Heur (sp?) I think you could definitely save for one by then :rotfl: He's been there 35 as of last September but they didn't get him anything quite so extravagant for that anniversary :rotfl:

DW has been at the place (local council) where she works for 25 yrs... there was talk of someone printing out a certificate saying well done but in the end they did nothing (which was probably safer for them than someone daring to print her out a certificate :lol: ) but no thank yous or expensive watches!

Tink
15-02-2012, 01:41 AM
I have many watches... most are Disney, some are jewelry style bracelet watches, a couple are serviceable good old Timex. I have a real problem with pot metal so some I can't wear for more than a couple hours.

Every single one but ONE Timex needs a new battery. :sigh:

So? I mostly use my phone.

josh.p.
15-02-2012, 11:24 AM
DW has been at the place (local council) where she works for 25 yrs... there was talk of someone printing out a certificate saying well done but in the end they did nothing (which was probably safer for them than someone daring to print her out a certificate :lol: ) but no thank yous or expensive watches!
:thud: That is ridiculous! In my Dad's place, when you've worked there for 5 (or perhaps 10?) you get an extra days paid holiday per year you've worked there. They haven't capped it for him even though he's been there 35 years!

Wendy
15-02-2012, 11:50 AM

It doesn't surprise me one little bit :thumbsdown: there's no appreciation at all, you are just taken for granted being a public sector worker.

It's the same with Chris' organisation, like you say nothing and not even a thank you and when you retire, well if you are lucky you will get an email from the head of department :nono:

keith
15-02-2012, 11:59 AM
It's the same with Chris' organisation, like you say nothing and not even a thank you and when you retire, well if you are lucky you will get an email from the head of department :nono:

The head of her department is well known for asking when people are leaving so he can take that day off. He hates "speeches". Last time someone left, the lady had been there all her working life, earning less than 20k the whole time, and the other staff decorated her desk with pixie dust, good luck cards and a good luck banner. They were all told off and told to remove the decorations immediately. In the event, none of her managers came in and she went home as usual with nothing having been done or said.

Amazing isn't it?

catrancher
15-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Amazing isn't it?

Pathetic is more like it! :mad:

But back to watches, I can't go without mine. I've got a Citizen that I've had for years.

But I'd much rather have the Tag Heuer! :yes:

And, like John, I take it off when I'm working on my computer.

Tom (:macwave:... need to check out Tag Heuer on our next Caribbean cruise.)

uscwest
15-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Pathetic is more like it! :mad:

But back to watches, I can't go without mine. I've got a Citizen that I've had for years.

But I'd much rather have the Tag Heuer! :yes:

And, like John, I take it off when I'm working on my computer.

Tom (:macwave:... need to check out Tag Heuer on our next Caribbean cruise.)

Tom I bought my Tag Heuer on sale and saved over $800.

I work for my favorite Uncle (Sam) I'm in my 26th year. I received a pin at 10, 15 and 20 but nothing for my 25th.

catrancher
15-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Tom I bought my Tag Heuer on sale and saved over $800.

Cool John. I'll have to "watch" for Tag Heuer sales (I'm learning these puns from Terry). After my earlier post I had checked their retail prices at a couple of places.

Then I got back up off the floor. :shocked:

I work for my favorite Uncle (Sam) I'm in my 26th year. I received a pin at 10, 15 and 20 but nothing for my 25th.

I work for a mammoth, unnamed financial institution. Here's what I got for my 20th:

10406.vB

The artsy lighting on it is the flash on my cell phone camera. In real life it doesn't look that cool. Although, it is a heavy little thing. Wouldn't want to drop it on my toes.

Tom (:macwave:... really just a dust collector.)

lozzy
15-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I haven't worn a watch for years, mainly because I take my phone everywhere and I can check the time using that, we don't even have a clock hanging in our house.

Deafjeff
19-02-2012, 10:08 AM
I do wear watch and I just lost or misplaced a watch that has been brought by my parents :sorry: And feeling dreadfully guilty.

I have been searching for good Disney watch for men that is not too 'childish'

I always like ecodrive (Citizen)

chief
19-02-2012, 08:38 PM
i always wear a watch, i love my tissot, i need it to time the kids football games at school lol

arkvilla
19-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I hardly ever wear a watch and when I do it's to decorate my wrist as even when I look at the time I don't actually take it in and have to look again
:embarassed:
I tend to use my phone, laptop etc

Sandra

Tinker
21-02-2012, 01:16 AM
I usually use my my IPhone, but when at WDW I do wear my watch .