PDA

View Full Version : Had to cancel our Disney trip

Deb
16-02-2012, 12:41 PM
:sigh: After much discussion and deliberation we have decided we have to cancel our holiday to WDW in May. We are really sad as this was our dream trip to Disney, staying at the Beach Club. We have only lost our low cost deposit with Virgin, so that's not too bad at all.

In the last 3 months have had to make quite a few unexpected changes to our company due to the recession, and though these changes are for the better in the long run and things will work out, we can't justify going on the most expensive Disney trip we have ever been on at a time when there are still a few outstanding issues :( Even if we went, we would have to still watch the pennies somewhat when we were there, and when we do this next trip we want to do it in style. Our trip last year was spoiled by work problems that we had to deal with while we were there. and we don't want to do that again. Next week i will be cancelling all of our ADRs and getting over it :cry1:

It isn't all bad news as we are very hopeful that we can still go away on the same dates on a lovely sunshiney holiday :tan2: It will just be a carefully chosen one that will cost at least half, probably even less than that, of what the Disney one would have been. And Mickey won't be there :sigh:

We are hoping if things continue well that we can go later in the year, or at the latest next Spring. Our only little niggle is that our Petsitter is retiring this Autumn, and goodness knows who I'll find to babysit the menagerie when we go on holiday after that! But I shall cross that bridge when I come to it and hope for a solution to pop up! :yes:

There, I have gotten that off my chest! :yes:

Britchick
16-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Deb :thumbsdown:

MystikPiglit
16-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Aw, sorry to hear that. :hug2: I'm sure wherever you go, together, you'll have a lovely time. :yes:

daveann
16-02-2012, 04:03 PM
:comfort: sorry deb :(

chief
16-02-2012, 05:35 PM
sorry to hear this, but there is no point putting yourself in a bad situation just for a couple of weeks.
you will find a better time to go.
hope things pick up soon
keep smiling hun

Mari
16-02-2012, 06:19 PM
oh Deb :hug2:

its so hard to make adult decisions sometimes....

But if it wasnt the right time to go, you wouldnt have enjoyed the trip as much. Hopefully things will settle and you will be able to visit later in the year

lisaw
16-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Deb :sorry: Hope you do get to go away somewhere at the same time though :fingers:

Kate
16-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Aw Deb, im sorry :hug2: A holiday is what you make it though, you could be in a tent at the bottom of the garden and if youre in the right spirits it would still be wonderful! :yes:

Tink
17-02-2012, 01:03 AM
It's hard being a conscientious and responsible adult, isn't it? :hug2: You'll get there and it will be all the sweeter a trip without the nagging worry of timing. :hug2:

arkvilla
17-02-2012, 04:27 PM
It must be hard but it's better that you don't put yourself under more pressure

Sandra

Tinkfan
17-02-2012, 05:13 PM
:hug2::hug2:Sorry Deb, but it would be worse to worry yourself over each dime spent. Put all your energy into finding an amazing vacation that you can enjoy together.Mickey will be there next year too!!:hug2:

Wendy
17-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Oh Deb :hug2: I am so sorry, I know how very much you were looking forward to your trip :hug2:

You've done the right thing, you wouldn't be able to relax and you'd be worried, so you wouldn't enjoy the holiday. You've had a lot of things happening in the last 12 months and hopefully now you have made the decision, you will feel as if a little bit of weight has been lifted off your shoulders :yes:

So, we need to find you a last minute mega deal to somewhere nice and warm so that you can get away somewhere warm and relaxing :hug2:

In the next year or so, you can begin your plans again without all your other worries and it will be even more special :hug2:

Deafjeff
18-02-2012, 08:50 AM
AWw :sorry: :hug2:

It better to enjoy holiday fully without having to worry about money etc (I know the feeling!)

Isafari
18-02-2012, 09:24 AM
:hug2: sorry Deb