PDA

View Full Version : Following the Disney Fantasy on her way to New York

Wendy
19-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Disney Cruise Line's newest addition, the Disney Fantasy has now left the Port of Bremerhaven to begin her adventure, crossing the Atlantic Ocean to New York.

The people of Bremerhaven said their goodbyes to the Fantasy, with the dock lined with people standing in the cold, waving lighted torches and cheering.

As the Fantasy got underway, the city had a wonderful fireworks display.

10430.vB

Wendy
19-02-2012, 12:46 PM
On day two of the Disney Fantasy's transatlantic crossing, she sailed through the English Channel, past the white cliffs of Dover as she sailed through the channel towards the Atlantic.

The Disney Fantasy has travelled over 424 nautical miles since leaving Bremerhaven, Germany, only about another 2,830 nautical miles to go until she reaches New York :)

Next stop Ponta Delgada, Azores.

catrancher
19-02-2012, 12:57 PM
There is also a video journal of the cruise to New York being posted on the Disney Cruise Line Youtube channe (http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyCruiseLineNews)l hosted by two of DCL's cruise directors, Ray and Brent. Here's Episode one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEjIIABkCVg

Brent still owes me that Disney Cruise Line belt buckle that they wear on their uniforms. Gotta speak to that boy!

Tom (:macwave:... never take "no" for an answer!)

Slowhand
19-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Brent still owes me that Disney Cruise Line belt buckle that they wear on their uniforms. Gotta speak to that boy!

Yep, we sure missed seeing him on the Dream. :yes:
Brent was so sympathetic with my DW and I when we had just received the news of my DW`s Dad`s passing when we were just pulling out of Castaway Cay on the last night of our cruise on the Magic a few years ago.
This is something that I will never forget. :hug2:

Tinker
21-02-2012, 01:11 AM
My God, she's tremendous and spectacular ! Can't wait to go in May .

Wendy
22-02-2012, 08:23 PM
On day three it's time to have a look at the Clubs just for Kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3nqW8-YW3U

Wendy
22-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Day 6 of the crossing and we get to have a look at what it's like to dine on the Disney Fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-066qWq2M

Deafjeff
23-02-2012, 08:18 AM
One day......

Pssstttt Clarkent, hint hint hint.....

Wendy
23-02-2012, 11:31 AM
One day......

Pssstttt Clarkent, hint hint hint.....

:laugh: Good idea Jeff :D he's very good at planning surprises :yes:

Deafjeff
25-02-2012, 08:54 AM
:laugh: Good idea Jeff :D he's very good at planning surprises :yes:

Yes he is and guess what.....he hasn't even noticed this thread(!)

Ccccccoooooooiiiieeeee my dear cccccccccoooooooooiiiieeeeeeeeeeee

Wendy
25-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes he is and guess what.....he hasn't even noticed this thread(!)

Ccccccoooooooiiiieeeee my dear cccccccccoooooooooiiiieeeeeeeeeeee

WHAT :mental: maybe I need to send him a link :lol: :lol:

Deafjeff
25-02-2012, 12:45 PM
WHAT :mental: maybe I need to send him a link :lol: :lol:

PLEASE!!!!!! :point:

Wendy
25-02-2012, 01:45 PM
PLEASE!!!!!! :point:

:thumbsup: :D

Clarkkent
25-02-2012, 01:54 PM
I've now seen the thread........

Can we please go on this year's holiday before you start planning the next one? :surrender: :wiggle:

Wendy
25-02-2012, 01:55 PM

Can we please go on this year's holiday before you start planning the next one? :surrender: :wiggle:

:lol: :lol: :hide:

Deafjeff
25-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Moi?! my dear... moi?!

Wendy
27-02-2012, 12:25 PM
The Disney Fantasy is almost at New York.

She is due to arrive early on February 28th and will pass by the Statue of LIberty around 7-7:30am eastern time.

If you want to keep an eye out for her you can check out Harbour Web Cam (http://nyharborwebcam.com/)

catrancher
27-02-2012, 01:15 PM
The Disney Fantasy is almost at New York.

She is due to arrive early on February 28th and will pass by the Statue of LIberty around 7-7:30am eastern time.

If you want to keep an eye out for her you can check out Harbour Web Cam (http://nyharborwebcam.com/)

Thanks for the webcam link Wendy! I'll be sure to watch for her tomorrow morning.

When I tried it out just now though, I found I had to hit the pause button the the webcam stream and then hit the "play" button before it would actually work. Just FYI for anyone else who might have that problem.

Tom (:macwave:... why, it's just like being there! Not!)

Wendy
27-02-2012, 01:40 PM
It was OK for me :unsure: I just tried it again and there is a huge cruise ship docked. It's certainly a very busy harbour :yes:

catrancher
27-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I just tried it again and there is a huge cruise ship docked.

According to the map below the video feed, that appears to be the "Explorer of the Seas". Took me a while to find it.
You're right, it's a very busy harbor! :yes:

I just hope the Fantasy docks in relatively the same place. :fingers:

Tom (:macwave:... we'll find out tomorrow!)

Slowhand
27-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey you`d better bookmark this so that I can give you a wave in July. :lol:

Wendy
27-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey you`d better bookmark this so that I can give you a wave in July. :lol:

:D I have bookmarked it, what will you do stand on deck waving a spot light :lol:

Slowhand
27-02-2012, 03:11 PM
:D I have bookmarked it, what will you do stand on deck waving a spot light :lol:

I`ll be easy to spot Wendy.
I`ll be the guy on Deck 10 with a knotted hankie on my head, with my trousers rolled up to my knees and clutching a Tesco carrier bag containing my sun tan lotion like a typical Brit on holiday. :lol:

catrancher
27-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Wendy/et. al.

Just so you can get your bearings, this map (courtesy of Google) shows the physical location of the webcam as well as the location where the Explorer of the Seas is currently docked. Just thought it might be useful for anyone following along tomorrow to be able to orient themselves with regard to the webcam and the docks.

10470.vB

Tom (:macwave:... who likes to know where he's seeing...)

catrancher
27-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok. Just looked up the Manhattan Cruise Terminal where the Disney Magic will depart from. If the Fantasy docks at the same place, it'll probably be too far north up the Hudson to see it docked from the webcam. You'd have to catch it as it goes by.

Tom (:macwave:... big place!)

Wendy
27-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks Tom :) I need to find another web cam :lol:

catrancher
27-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks Tom :) I need to find another web cam :lol:

This one (http://www.wirednewyork.com/webcam3) "might" do it.

Maintained, by Wired New York, it is located in Weehawken, New Jersey and the view is looking east across the Hudson River. It shows the New York Cruise Terminal (formerly the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal) and the west side of mid-town Manhattan.

Tom (:macwave:... it's worth a shot...)

catrancher
28-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Arrrgghhhh.....

She's here! Coming into NY harbor right now.

Gotta go.... :exit:

Tom (:macwave:... she's early!)

Slowhand
28-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Looking at the ship directly from the front or rear as per the view right now, she really seems a bit "top heavy" to me but I`m sure the designers know what they are doing. :yes:

catrancher
28-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Looking at the ship directly from the front or rear as per the view right now, she really seems a bit "top heavy" to me but I`m sure the designers know what they are doing. :yes:

You're right Terry. Looks that way to me too. But it worked for the Dream so I guess it'll work for the Fantasy too! The stern shot was kind of cool though.

Tom (:macwave:... could even see Dumbo!)

catrancher
28-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Now that's a cool shot on the video feed! The Fantasy passing by the Statue of Liberty. Or so it appears from the angle.

Tom (:macwave:... ain't this Internet thing cool!)

Slowhand
28-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Now that's a cool shot on the video feed! The Fantasy passing by the Statue of Liberty. Or so it appears from the angle.

That`s just what I thought Tom. :yes:
It always looks great seeing any of the DCL ships near a large city...a whole different perspective than when it`s in the Caribbean.

catrancher
28-02-2012, 12:49 PM
It always looks great seeing any of the DCL ships near a large city...a whole different perspective than when it`s in the Caribbean.

Agreed. Only way it might look better is if you were watching the city go by from your veranda on board! :sail:

Tom (:macwave:... Hello, my name is Tom and I'm a DCL addict!)

Slowhand
28-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I`ve lost her!!!!
At one stage I located the ship on the map below the web cam shot, but I can`t find her anymore....hope she hasn`t sunk! :lol:

Slowhand
28-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Panic over....found her and she`s still afloat...phew!!!:lol:

catrancher
28-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Panic over....found her and she`s still afloat...phew!!!:lol:

Yeah, but if those fireboats keep spraying in her direction she may get wet! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... guess they're happy to see her!)

catrancher
28-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I "think" you can see her on this webcam (http://www.wirednewyork.com/webcam4/)too! Heading up river.

Of course, I could be wrong. Kind of hard to tell. And this webcam is only still pictures that are refreshed every so often.

Tom (:macwave:... neat stuff!)

Wendy
28-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I've taken some screenshots, but they aren't brilliant :(

Here she is by the Statue of Liberty

10481.vB

Wendy
28-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I "think" you can see her on this webcam (http://www.wirednewyork.com/webcam4/)too! Heading up river.

Of course, I could be wrong. Kind of hard to tell. And this webcam is only still pictures that are refreshed every so often.

Tom (:macwave:... neat stuff!)

Thanks Tom :D

Wendy
28-02-2012, 02:11 PM
She's just coming into view on this cam here (http://www.wirednewyork.com/webcam3/)

catrancher
28-02-2012, 02:13 PM
She's just coming into view on this cam here (http://www.wirednewyork.com/webcam3/)

Looks like she's getting pretty close to those docks. Be kind of cool if that's indeed where she's going to end up.

Tom (:macwave:... makes you feel like big brother! :mental:)

Wendy
28-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Looks like she's getting pretty close to those docks. Be kind of cool if that's indeed where she's going to end up.

Tom (:macwave:... makes you feel like big brother! :mental:)

It is :D well done Tom on finding this cam :D It looks like there are lots of people on the dock

Wendy
28-02-2012, 02:25 PM
The Disney Fantasy has reached New York and is at the dock. Sorry for the poor photo but it is a screen shot of the web cam image.

10482.vB

catrancher
28-02-2012, 02:27 PM
It looks like there are lots of people on the dock

Sure does Wendy! Those are probably all the VIP's. You and I probably couldn't get near the place. :shrug:

Tom (:macwave:... still kind of cool to be watching...)

Wendy
28-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Sure does Wendy! Those are probably all the VIP's. You and I probably couldn't get near the place. :shrug:

Tom (:macwave:... still kind of cool to be watching...)

:lol: very true :lol: bet they don't know they are being watched though :lol:

Slowhand
28-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Those are probably all the VIP's.

So where was our invite Tom ?:lol:

catrancher
28-02-2012, 02:45 PM

Lost in the mail? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... peon first class!)

Wendy
28-02-2012, 02:55 PM

You can normally sweet talk your way into anywhere Terry, what happened :wink: :lol: