PDA

View Full Version : Virgin holiday quote

lozzy
20-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Just been on the phone to virgin holidays getting a quote for 19th August - 2nd September 2013 for Florida, the out come was 3671.28 without a car, we could get the car we want for 342.48 using usrentacar. A saving of 100.00 with virgin.
This is for 2 adults and 2 children staying in a villa, we are using 420.00 we have in tesco vouchers.
i think it's a good quote for this time of year, what do you all think.
the only downside is they want 700.00 deposit.:-(

Wendy
20-02-2012, 02:06 PM
The price doesn't seem too bad, I've looked at prices with Virgin Atlantic direct and they are flights only at 3614 but you need to pay in full when you book the flights.

I also checked BA and their price, flights only is 3230 but again you will need to pay in full.

Do you have any flying club miles :unsure: you could always use them for reward seats or miles plus money.

The price with Virgin Holidays, did that include the discount for Flying Club members :unsure: as you can get a 5% discount.

Clarkkent
20-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Does that price include park tickets and dining plan? Or just the flight and accommodation?

Wendy
20-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Does that price include park tickets and dining plan? Or just the flight and accommodation?

The prices I've quoted are for flights only, but I think Lozzy's are for flights and a villa which is why they are quite good :yes:

Clarkkent
20-02-2012, 02:54 PM
The reason I ask is that we *always* book ours through Thomas Cook Signature rather than Virgin Directly. They're always cheaper, even though it's a Virgin Flight. It helps that we're friendly with our local travel agent (a lovely lady named Lucy) who spends a few hours getting us the best deal.

While I won't reveal the total price for our holiday this year (as DH will be looking and I'm not telling him) we managed to get flights, accomm, dining plan and park tickets for less than Lozzy's quoted price for next year - worth thinking about.

If you want Lucy's number I can put you in touch?

S

x

Wendy
20-02-2012, 04:55 PM
The prices will be higher because they are in the school holidays but that is a really kind offer Stephen :)

lozzy
20-02-2012, 09:31 PM
The price doesn't seem too bad, I've looked at prices with Virgin Atlantic direct and they are flights only at 3614 but you need to pay in full when you book the flights.

I also checked BA and their price, flights only is 3230 but again you will need to pay in full.

Do you have any flying club miles :unsure: you could always use them for reward seats or miles plus money.

The price with Virgin Holidays, did that include the discount for Flying Club members :unsure: as you can get a 5% discount.

We do have FVC and flying club but the discount we get is less than our tesco's are worth and we cant use both on the same booking, I also looked at book flights with our miles but the cost isn't any cheaper.

lozzy
20-02-2012, 09:32 PM

The price is just for flights and villa.

chief
20-02-2012, 09:32 PM
this year hol is costing 3300, direct flights with virgin although booked with thomas cook. staying in a villa [standard] for 2 weeks going just before easter holidays [27th] that is 2 adults and 2 kids age 13 & 10.
tickets extra
basic car hire for 2 weeks included, although have upgraded to an suv.
i think its a good price with virgin, bet you could get slightly cheaper but maybe not direct flights and dot forget we will have to pay an extra $40 for downtown disney check in which is free to virgin package.

lozzy
20-02-2012, 09:33 PM
The reason I ask is that we *always* book ours through Thomas Cook Signature rather than Virgin Directly. They're always cheaper, even though it's a Virgin Flight. It helps that we're friendly with our local travel agent (a lovely lady named Lucy) who spends a few hours getting us the best deal.

While I won't reveal the total price for our holiday this year (as DH will be looking and I'm not telling him) we managed to get flights, accomm, dining plan and park tickets for less than Lozzy's quoted price for next year - worth thinking about.

If you want Lucy's number I can put you in touch?

S

x

Thanks Lucy, I'll have a look at Thomas cook.

lozzy
20-02-2012, 09:35 PM
this year hol is costing 3300, direct flights with virgin although booked with thomas cook. staying in a villa [standard] for 2 weeks going just before easter holidays [27th] that is 2 adults and 2 kids age 13 & 10.
tickets extra
basic car hire for 2 weeks included, although have upgraded to an suv.
i think its a good price with virgin, bet you could get slightly cheaper but maybe not direct flights and dot forget we will have to pay an extra $40 for downtown disney check in which is free to virgin package.

Booking direct with virgin does have its advantages.