PDA

View Full Version : British Summer

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 08:17 AM
:( its pants isn't it ? - rain rain rain - kids are going stir crazy - BBQ on the beach postponed yet again yesterday

Last Summer was terrible as well - all those floods cloud and rain

Thats the problem with being an atheist - noone to complain to

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I know what you mean, just said that in another thread - it's my 1st day off in about 10 days and were hoping to go biking along the promenade but weather is c**p ds doesn't even want to get out of bed at the moment! We might go to see Kung-Fu Panda later that should cheer us up!
Which beach skywatcher?

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Only the seafront at Bexhill where I live - the boys are edparate to give it a go

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Only? Sounds good to me! Bexhill = Kent??
I know ds is the same, cricket, footie, run the dog ragged, crab racing many sports can be played on the beach......!
We live much further up the coast not too far from Skegness if you've ever heard of it? Normally am too busy running our cafe and coffee shop but decided I needed a day off with ds only now the weather is rubbish! best laid plans.......

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 08:36 AM
LIsa and I lived in Lincoln for a bit so we know Skegness veeery nearly stayed as well

Dawn
08-08-2008, 08:37 AM
We're just up the coast from Chris so if he's cancelled the beach trip then so have we. Pretty pants here today too. :(

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 08:42 AM
LIsa and I lived in Lincoln for a bit so we know Skegness veeery nearly stayed as well

Ok great do you know Sutton-On-Sea or Mablethorpe? I say Skegness to people because it's the biggest place! Sutton-On-Sea is much nicer,the cafe and coffee shop are in Mablethorpe.

I love Lincoln, it's a beautiful place, great at xmas too.

It seems to brightening up a bit now tho..... there's still time for a bbq guys

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
work today and all weekend tho :( - yesterday was my 'shot' at a BBQ

Lincoln was magnificent - we didn't get much chance to explore much outside of Lincoln whilst we were there as we were both doing crazy cray hours

MystikPiglit
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
,the cafe and coffee shop are in Mablethorpe.

Had a few hols in Mablethorpe when the children were younger. :)

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 09:06 AM
We love the way of life it's so chilled.
Only problem is we have to work very hard in the summer and that's a bit tough on ds but we get 3-4 months off in the winter with him.

I wouldn't change being my own boss for the world though.

We like that coast very much the beaches are beautiful and unspoilt. :p015:

MystikPiglit
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
We like that coast very much the beaches are beautiful and unspoilt. :p015:

Good base for touring round, too. :)

Isafari
08-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Ok great do you know Sutton-On-Sea or Mablethorpe?

My Dragon in law lived there for a while

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 09:20 AM
My Dragon in law lived there for a while

They call it 'god's waiting room' Diane because there's sooo many old people who come over here to retire haha :p015:

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Sorry not that your dragon-in-law is old or retired or anything else derogatory! Sorry!

Sarah x

Dawn
08-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Tell me about Lincoln at Christmas please.

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 09:36 AM
They have a massive christmas market close to the cathedral and it is brethtakingly magical

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
They have beautiful decorations up and a continental / xmas gift type market lots of carol singers about, just really festive.
We go every year it's a lovely old city and that just kind of adds to the Dickensian feel.

Dawn
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Interesting. I'm giving Steven a tour of cities done up for Christmas. Trouble is I can only do 1 a year so it's taking a while. :lol:

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 09:41 AM
You wont beat Lincoln

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Interesting. I'm giving Steven a tour of cities done up for Christmas. Trouble is I can only do 1 a year so it's taking a while. :lol:

Definitely one to put on your 'to do' list Dawn

Dawn
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Bet the hotel rates shoot up that weekend though.

MystikPiglit
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Lincoln is a lovely place to visit. :thumbs_up:

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Nah Sarah ll put you up

sazzledazzle
08-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Nah Sarah ll put you up

Thank you skywatcher!
No Problem at all, it is still an hour from my house though into Lincoln not exactly a quick taxi ride!
Seriously tho anytime,

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 10:08 AM
It just goes to show we talk about Summer and end up talking about Christmas

MystikPiglit
08-08-2008, 10:11 AM
It just goes to show we talk about Summer and end up talking about Christmas

:lol:

We just enjoy derailing your threads.....;)

Claire
08-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I like Lincoln biscuits.

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
*plunges into rabbit hole*

MystikPiglit
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I like Lincoln biscuits.

Are they the plain ones that are good for dunking? :D

lisaw
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I like Lincoln biscuits.

Are they the ones with the nobbly bits on top?

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 10:19 AM

*again...restrains self*

MystikPiglit
08-08-2008, 10:20 AM
:laugh:

lisaw
08-08-2008, 10:21 AM
I only asked! :lol:

Claire
08-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Are they the plain ones that are good for dunking? :D
:unsure: I don't dunk.

Yes. I scrap the noobly bits off with my teeth before I eat the biscuit!

Dawn
08-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I've been looking at train fares to Lincoln. :D

Tink
08-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Well, this is a good Friday! I get to go home today, and a bit earlier than originally planned. :yes: The summer weather in FL hasn't been so nice this year either. It's not cold, but it's very dreary with much rain and violent thunder and lightning storms. NOT the sort of things you want to have when touring the parks. :(

The weather here in NC seems quite lovely. Although they have a drought, they've had many, many days of nice weather with sunshine and very warm temperatures.

Ahhhh Christmas. There is a place in Brookdale called the Christmas shop. It is four (or five?) separate houses converted to a Christmas shop that contains everything you can possibly imagine for Christmas (and trust me on this, things you'd never have thought of)! :lol: It's a nice day trip and I'm guessing about an hour and a half or so from WDW.

MystikPiglit
08-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I get to go home today, and a bit earlier than originally planned. :yes:

That's good. :hug2:

Christmas shop that contains everything you can possibly imagine for Christmas (and trust me on this, things you'd never have thought of)! :lol: It's a nice day trip and I'm guessing about an hour and a half or so from WDW.

Oooh... shall we go there after we've been to the Hardware store? :D

Ursula
08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I've been looking at train fares to Lincoln. :D

*squeaks* I live in Lincoln... I can pick you up from the station and my house is tiny... but if you need a cheap Motel I know loads near me and they're nice ones. I can be your cheauffer if you'd like... just say the word Dawnie.... you can come meet my family. You'd be most welcome.

Ursula
08-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Well, this is a good Friday! I get to go home today, and a bit earlier than originally planned. :yes: The summer weather in FL hasn't been so nice this year either. It's not cold, but it's very dreary with much rain and violent thunder and lightning storms. NOT the sort of things you want to have when touring the parks. :(

The weather here in NC seems quite lovely. Although they have a drought, they've had many, many days of nice weather with sunshine and very warm temperatures.

Ahhhh Christmas. There is a place in Brookdale called the Christmas shop. It is four (or five?) separate houses converted to a Christmas shop that contains everything you can possibly imagine for Christmas (and trust me on this, things you'd never have thought of)! :lol: It's a nice day trip and I'm guessing about an hour and a half or so from WDW.

We love Bronners in Michigan... they have a website.

Dawn
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
*squeaks* I live in Lincoln... I can pick you up from the station and my house is tiny... but if you need a cheap Motel I know loads near me and they're nice ones. I can be your cheauffer if you'd like... just say the word Dawnie.... you can come meet my family. You'd be most welcome.

You might regret that statement. Can't find a hotel that isn't booked for that weekend. :lol:

Ursula
08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
What weekend...let me know when and I will see what I can do... because I know places where to go... and failing that I have a plan ;)

ukwdwnut
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
i think we have had a good summer compared to last year, we've had loads of sunshine

Skywatcher
08-08-2008, 04:33 PM
i think we have had a good summer compared to last year, we've had loads of sunshine

:unsure:

Not down here we haven't its been grim mate

ukwdwnut
08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
the last 3 weeks has been brill

Dawn
08-08-2008, 04:36 PM
What weekend...let me know when and I will see what I can do... because I know places where to go... and failing that I have a plan ;)

Well if I did it I'd arrive on Friday 5th December and leave on Monday 8th December. Depends on lots though - school letting Steven have the friday and monday out - Adrian agreeing to stay behind and look after dog - Adrian coming up with money - whether or not you scare me between now and December.

I might see if one of our local coach companies are doing a trip up. Imagine me and Steven on a coach full of old people. The tutting would be deafening. :rofl:

Dizneyblonde
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
We've been on the beach all day. :D

The kids have been in swimming and we saw a huge seal playing in the water.

Tomorrow it will rain again :(

Ursula
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Well if I did it I'd arrive on Friday 5th December and leave on Monday 8th December. Depends on lots though - school letting Steven have the friday and monday out - Adrian agreeing to stay behind and look after dog - Adrian coming up with money - whether or not you scare me between now and December.

I might see if one of our local coach companies are doing a trip up. Imagine me and Steven on a coach full of old people. The tutting would be deafening. :rofl:

I'm going to pm you.......

Ursula
08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I can show Dawnie my scars! Ooh ooh and unner my stairs!

Dizneyblonde
08-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Don't leave those crayons lying around though helly!

Ursula
08-08-2008, 09:58 PM
as if... lol.... hidden already.

Dawn
09-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Oh god I'm really scared now.

It's still very tentative. We have 2 cars to get serviced between now and December. But I've bought a lottery ticket. If the numbers come up you can all come with me. We'll rent a local castle or something.:D

Helly :hug2:

mainecoon lover
09-08-2008, 08:18 AM

:sigh; We have had 4 dry days in the last two weeks and yes its raining again today. Cornwall have not had the temperature that most of the country have been having.
Its so hard trying to keep dd entertained will the bad weather. The annoying thing is it will proberly warm up when they go back to school.

Ursula
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Well Dawn even if you can't make it just yet the Castle and Cathedral will still be there so no panic hun X Just let me know when you can.

Skywatcher
09-08-2008, 04:03 PM
:cry2:

raining and blowing a gale all day today

MystikPiglit
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Dry, mild and sunny this morning.
Wet, cool and windy this afternoon.
:confused:

lisaw
09-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Absolutely awful here since mid morning, been sitting in a field all day watching Daniel play baseball and I am soaked and freezing cold - remind me it's August :rolleyes008:

Just ordered a pizza for tea because I really can't be bothered now :lol: