PDA

View Full Version : Interesting day

Dawn
06-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Whoever says working in a school is easy has clearly never been punched in the face by a 6 year old girl. That was the highlight of my afternoon. And this morning the same girl whipped me with her gym bag.:surrender:

Still have the best job in the world though.:laugh:

Slowhand
06-03-2012, 03:55 PM
The crazy thing is that you would be up in court if you retaliated, however gently.
I`m all in favour of avoiding child abuse, but the threat of having the cane [or even a board rubber thrown at you] by my teachers sure made sure that we were well behaved....most of the time anyhow! :lol:

Isafari
06-03-2012, 05:25 PM
:hug2: was the punch intentional?

Dawn
06-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh most definitely. She wasn't happy with me. :lol:

Kate
06-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Good grief!!! I would be absolutely appalled if my dd behaved in that way - thats shocking!!

uscwest
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
In the old days, here in the US anyway that would have resulted in a trip to principal's office where a paddle most likely awaited and then the child would be either suspended or expelled.

keith
06-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh most definitely. She wasn't happy with me. :lol:

What do you do in such circumstances Dawn?

I mean I think it safe to say most of us have been out of school a while now :lol: and we hear that it's impossible to do or even say anything. Can you order her to the headmaster/mistress? What can/do teachers do today with that kind of behaviour?

Dawn
07-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Well the child has special needs so we have to take a different approach but not making excuses for her behavior. She had a trip to the head's office and her parents were called in. To be honest me and her teacher couldn't make eye contact afterwards because we both would have burst out laughing. You have to know the girl really. It makes for an interesting day. I love it. :thumbsup:

Off to Hampton Court with a year 5 class today. :unsure:

Watchinherskip
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Ah the joys of teaching!!! Hang in there Dawn ol' girl!

Skywatcher
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
You have my utter respect Dawn mate. I hear some real horror stories from our local school, shocking just shocking.

keith
07-03-2012, 04:38 PM
You have my utter respect Dawn mate. I hear some real horror stories from our local school, shocking just shocking.

Ditto

I think to be able to deal with this and end up laughing about it and loving the job, well, I think the profession needs exactly that type of person