PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to pick mifi for us.....

Deafjeff
11-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi,

We have decided to get mifi so that we can 'call home' via FaceTime and keep in touch with you lovely guys :yes:

We are wondering if anyone who is going to Florida shortly and willing to pick one up for us (we are not entirely sure which model to get - any advice would be very handy! including the price so that we can pay someone in advance)

We also would like to be able to use the park apps etc

Any advice on data and how to top up would be extremely useful!

Thanks guys

Jeff & Stephen

xx

Britchick
11-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd be quite interested in this too, is there anyway we could share one between a number of us to offset the cost?

keith
11-03-2012, 10:07 AM
I'd be quite interested in this too, is there anyway we could share one between a number of us to offset the cost?

Should be possible, once the device itself is purchased off the shelf, all that's needed thereafter is to pick up a prepaid card at bestbuy and phone a number to use it to top up. You can tell online how much you have left.

arkvilla
11-03-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm going on Thursday and will be happy to pick 'it' up for you but I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about :unsure:

I have Facetime on my Ipod Touch so I know what that is, but Mifi.... no idea at all

Sandra

Deafjeff
11-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm going on Thursday and will be happy to pick 'it' up for you but I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about :unsure:

I have Facetime on my Ipod Touch so I know what that is, but Mifi.... no idea at all

Sandra

you are a star! But i am not sure which one is best, hopefully someone will be able to tell you shortly :sorry:

uscwest
11-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I haves Verizon MiFi device. However I pay a flat fee for 4GB/mo. don't know anything about the ones that use a phone card sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arkvilla
11-03-2012, 09:49 PM
you are a star! But i am not sure which one is best, hopefully someone will be able to tell you shortly :sorry:

No worries Jeff :-) Is it something I can pick up in Walmart or would I have to go somewhere specific?

Shopping wise, we plan to go to the Florida Mall at some point and also Lake Buena Vista Factory Village but that's about if for shopping, so hopefully we'll be able to get it somewhere within those places?

Sandra

keith
11-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I got my tmobile one from bestbuy opposite the florida mall :) they sell the airtime vouchers as well

Deafjeff
11-03-2012, 10:20 PM
I got my tmobile one from bestbuy opposite the florida mall :) they sell the airtime vouchers as well

Is it possible for you to take a picture of your mifi and post it here so we all know what it looks like....

keith
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Here goes

Deafjeff
08-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Just wondering if it is possible to buy mifi here at UK unlocked (somehow) and buy airtime voucher at Florida?

keith
08-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Just wondering if it is possible to buy mifi here at UK unlocked (somehow) and buy airtime voucher at Florida?

mmmmm they must have unlocked mifi devices I guess but I can't say I've seen any around. Perhaps I just haven't looked hard enough!

You'd need a sim for a US network (and they don't all use sims) AND an airtime voucher don't forget.

Tbh, I'd just wait and just go to best buy when you get there. you'll be able to pick up the whole lot in about 5 mins job done.

Deafjeff
08-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks, where is the nearest one to WDW? (we are staying at Coronado SR) As we don't have a car so would mean hop into taxi etc

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zwgzlv

Tink
08-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Hmmmm, I think the nearest would be over by Millenia Mall. There is one near there, but not at the mall, if that makes any sense?

I think Florida Mall has one too, but Keith would better know that. He's our Florida Mall expert. :yes:

Deafjeff
08-04-2012, 10:04 AM
What about Orlando International Airport? Or would that be a silly price?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bemw2y

Tink
08-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Things in the airport are usually so overpriced it's beyond silly!

keith
08-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Hmmmm, I think the nearest would be over by Millenia Mall. There is one near there, but not at the mall, if that makes any sense?

I think Florida Mall has one too, but Keith would better know that. He's our Florida Mall expert. :yes:

yeah I usually find the florida mall one is better... millenia doesnt seem to have the same stock although you can check online to see which has them in stock

Wendy
08-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Deb is going soon, she might be able to help you, have a look online at Best Buy or better still get Keith to have a look :wink: :D and then you will be able to give a picture or number of the one you want.