PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks and Dessert Party

Deafjeff
01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi all,

We are thinking of going to this party, just wondering if others have been and could let us know if it is any good?

Jeff

keith
01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi all,

We are thinking of going to this party, just wondering if others have been and could let us know if it is any good?

Jeff

Well you don't have to worry about where you're watching from and the view is much better than I thought it would be!

The food/drink well, really nice chocolaty treats and things but not much more than that really.

Still all in all, worth doing once I think :D

Deafjeff
01-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks, I am trying to find the price but not having much luck!

Jeff

Wendy
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Sorry Jeff, I haven't got round to the special events yet.

The party is at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant most nights the Fireworks Dessert Party includes a self service buffet offering different types of desserts and beverages.

The party begins one hour prior to the start of Wishes.

The cost is about $25 for adults

You can make a reservation by calling 407-939-3463 or online here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/)

Deafjeff
01-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks sweetie! You been to the party?

lisaw
01-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I have been twice now and really enjoyed it both times, I'm not a massive fan of the desserts there because they are mainly of the very sickly sweet variety with that strange artificial cream that disney seems to use on everything but they did have ice cream on our visit last year which was nice. It's great to have a seat and wait for the fireworks to start and the view is very good from there, if that was going to be my only MK day though I wouldn't do the party as you can't watch the Main Street Electrical parade properly from there and the Magic the Memories and You show is definitely best viewed from right in front of the castle. :yes:

Wendy
01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks sweetie! You been to the party?

We haven't done it yet, but I'm hoping to book it one night when we are over there. Chris doesn't like a lot of sweet things, but I can eat for both of us :lol:

Kate
01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Do you have to leave straight after the fireworks or do they let you stay for longer?

Deafjeff
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Do you have to leave straight after the fireworks or do they let you stay for longer?

From general review it seems that you can hang around afterward and stuff your face more with left overs!!! :mental:

Kate
01-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh well in that case i think its definately worth doing! You get to stuff your face some more and miss the crowds! :lol:

Deafjeff
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Hehe hopefully someone will come along and confirm this

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?b2efil

Britchick
01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I liked it for the view but I was put off by the people who make it their mission to eat as much as possible. :unsure:

Deafjeff
01-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I liked it for the view but I was put off by the people who make it their mission to eat as much as possible. :unsure:

Ah fair enough I think we MAY give this a go and report back!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?voj15l

Britchick
02-04-2012, 08:51 AM
I think the best thing to do for this event would be for servers to put a selection of desserts on the table so you don't have the scrum at the buffet.

keith
02-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I think the best thing to do for this event would be for servers to put a selection of desserts on the table so you don't have the scrum at the buffet.

yeah I agree with that.

The first time we went, I waited politely for the women (mainly) who were at the dessert buffet but I soon realised that I was never going to get anything that way! In the end I had to just do a few excuse me's and stand there almost blocking the people who kept trying to barge me out the way or take things from right in front of me for their plate.

I heard a table of hardened Disney women (so to speak :lol: ) talking about how much they'd got this time around and when I looked over, they were taking photos of their "haul".

So it really is a competition for some folks to grab as much as they can and that's a pain.

Wendy
02-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Oh heck, I wouldn't be any good there then, I'm just not assertive enough :lol:

keith
02-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Oh heck, I wouldn't be any good there then, I'm just not assertive enough :lol:

I don't know that it's that bad every time. The first time we went it was quite sedate and pleasant, I guess it depends who your fellow diners are ;-) I got the feeling the last couple of times that large groups had booked and it was that "get up altogether" thing going on...

Wendy
02-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't know that it's that bad every time. The first time we went it was quite sedate and pleasant, I guess it depends who your fellow diners are ;-) I got the feeling the last couple of times that large groups had booked and it was that "get up altogether" thing going on...

Well the easiest solution is for you to come with me to help me get to the chocolate desserts :lol: :lol:

keith
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Well the easiest solution is for you to come with me to help me get to the chocolate desserts :lol: :lol:

I'm more than happy to do that but anyone in between me and chocolate is very much in danger :lol:

Wendy
02-04-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm more than happy to do that but anyone in between me and chocolate is very much in danger :lol:

But but but but................. you'd share chocolate with me, wouldn't you :angel:

keith
02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
But but but but................. you'd share chocolate with me, wouldn't you :angel:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ok, just because it's you :tongue:

catrancher
02-04-2012, 01:08 PM
anyone in between me and chocolate is very much in danger :lol:

Warning, warning, danger! :mental:

See this (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/could-the-appetite-for-chocolate-exceed-the-worlds-supply/).

Tom (:macwave:... fate worse than death!)

Britchick
02-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Warning, warning, danger! :mental:

See this (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/could-the-appetite-for-chocolate-exceed-the-worlds-supply/).

Tom (:macwave:... fate worse than death!)

do you think we've not had enough panic buying last week! jeez :tongue:

Kate
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Im not so sure Keith would share Wendy, sounds like its a bit of every man for themselves in there!! :lol:

Im not one of those people that will stack their plates up, i get really embarrased if people look at what im eating - but i am a little strange like that! :wiggle:

Britchick
02-04-2012, 04:14 PM
It's not about having a bit too much to eat because it's there Kate it's the mentality that you've got to eat as much as you can without being ill. We all eat a bit too much on holiday :yes: don't we :unsure: LOL

Wendy
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

ok, just because it's you :tongue:

:biggrin:

Im not so sure Keith would share Wendy, sounds like its a bit of every man for themselves in there!! :lol:

Im not one of those people that will stack their plates up, i get really embarrased if people look at what im eating - but i am a little strange like that! :wiggle:

It does a bit :lol:

I'm the same as you Kate, I only take what I would if I was at home. When we go out for a carvery, I look at some people's plates and wonder where on earth they are going to put all the food.

Shellyamc
02-04-2012, 04:46 PM
How many people can book for each party? Also is it adults only?

I think this might be something nice to do next trip..but obviously we would have the kids and I don't want to ruin the night for anyone else. Also I don't want to pay the extra money just to have to fight another crowd :)

Johnie
03-04-2012, 03:31 AM
I've done this a couple of times now. I have noticed people loading their plates but in defense, Disney does start to take items away well before the fireworks so you have to get what you want when you have the chance.

Lots of kids there. Mostly well behaved.

They give you an assigned table which is great. They don't tell you that others will be able to get up and hang out in front of you. Not do great. The whole idea for me is to be able to get a seat to see the show without having to angle for space.

Plus they took my favorite viewing spot and made it a pay only place :-(