PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Larry Dotson coming to Walt Disney World

Wendy
16-04-2012, 12:22 PM
11155.vB

Larry Dotson is an internationally recognized artist who is bringing his work to Walt Disney World.

His oil paintings of Disney scenes capture the magical memories of trips to Disney Parks.

You can meet Larry at one of the following special appearances and signing:

May 5 - 6 - Art of Disney, Downtown Disney Marketplace

May 16 - 20 - Art of Disney, Epcot

May 31 - June 3 - Animation Gallery, Disney's Hollywood Studios

June 30-July 6 - Main Street Gallery, Magic Kingdom Park

August 31 - September 9 - Art of Disney, Downtown Disney Marketplace

September 28 - October 2 - Art of Disney, Epcot

11154.vB

11152.vB

11153.vB

Lisa1976
16-04-2012, 12:42 PM
We've got four of his paintings, one of each park, they are stunning :)

lisaw
16-04-2012, 03:38 PM
I love his work, I have a large Cinderella Castle print of his on my living room wall and three smaller ones of the other parks, I also have POR and AKL which I need to find room for, actually I need to move house! :lol:

Britchick
16-04-2012, 05:37 PM
i couldn't get hold of any of the big ones last year, asked in all the art shops there, cast members told me that Larry controlled these and the Larry Dotson site doesn't sell direct! so how do you get hold of them?

Tink
19-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Brit, the only time I've seen his work for sale is when he is at Disney.

I'm not fully appreciative of his work, but do love some of his scenes, particularly the ones where he paints a "real life scene" and incorporates Disney in subtle ways.

There was one I saw of the beach and the sand pail had Mickey on it. That sort of thing I really like. He does some nice snowy winter scenes too (again with Disney incorporated).

Could you maybe try to email him and ask about purchasing? :unsure:

Britchick
26-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Brit, the only time I've seen his work for sale is when he is at Disney.

I'm not fully appreciative of his work, but do love some of his scenes, particularly the ones where he paints a "real life scene" and incorporates Disney in subtle ways.

There was one I saw of the beach and the sand pail had Mickey on it. That sort of thing I really like. He does some nice snowy winter scenes too (again with Disney incorporated).

Could you maybe try to email him and ask about purchasing? :unsure:

Hi Tink, sorry just seen this, thanks for the reply. I will try sending him a message again and see if i get a response:thumbsup: