PDA

View Full Version : Space Shuttle Discovery's Final Goodbye

Wendy
18-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Yesterday, 17th April 2012 marked a sad day for many at Kennedy Space Centre. The space Shuttle Discovery left for her new home at the Smithsonian Institution.

Thousands of Space Shuttle fans watched as she left on a 747 jet yesterday morning.

I would have loved to have been there to see this but here is a video of Discovery leaving Kennedy Space Centre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GW7FGt19wA&hd=1

uscwest
18-04-2012, 05:43 PM
I would have loved to have been able to see it when it got up here to the DC area but I was stuck at work up near Baltimore, which is 50 miles from DC.

Slowhand
19-04-2012, 09:00 AM
I hope that the owners of the lo-cost airlines didn`t see this....it may give them an idea about how to cram more passengers onto their planes. :lol:

Wendy
19-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I hope that the owners of the lo-cost airlines didn`t see this....it may give them an idea about how to cram more passengers onto their planes. :lol:

:lol:

uscwest
19-04-2012, 11:23 AM

Yeah I can just imagaine them, especially RyanAir, adding pods to the tops of their planes, much like the ubiquitous luggage carriers we see.