PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV

josh.p.
21-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Just caved in and bought one of these bad boys (I was bored in work and when I am bored in a shop full of gadgets... I tend to get the debit card out) Haven't opened the box yet but I am excited to do so!!

Wendy
21-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Where's your willpower :lol: :lol: You're getting as bad a Keith and Tom :D

josh.p.
21-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I have to say it is really cool so far :yes: Works extremely quickly and is good for streaming videos. Not impressed with Netflix's selection so probably won't be extending past the free trial, even though it's only a few quid per month.

Mum and Dad don't know I've bought it yet, so I wonder what they'll say... :unsure: :rotfl:

daveann
21-04-2012, 08:16 PM
josh you and your apple gadgets :)

Mari
22-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Im in love with mine ;)

Seriously! It is beyond me how a little box can do so much!! and im not even going to try to understand it!

Congratulations Josh!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deafjeff
22-04-2012, 06:58 AM
I love mine also! Fab for steaming some videos. Love mirror air play :mental:

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zzv11t

Britchick
22-04-2012, 09:49 AM
I love mine also! Fab for steaming some videos. Love mirror air play :mental:

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zzv11t

that's what i use mine mostly for

uscwest
22-04-2012, 11:41 AM
OK, so what is an Apple TV?

catrancher
22-04-2012, 12:35 PM
OK, so what is an Apple TV?

See this (http://www.apple.com/appletv/what-is/) John. It's basically a small gadget that plugs into the back of your TV and allows you to rent Netflix or iTunes movies. Stream video or audio to your TV from your computer wirelessly. Browse Flickr, or Youtube.

All kinds of things. :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... wish my TV had hdmi ports)

daveann
22-04-2012, 02:34 PM
can you link via a non hdmi cable? and if so, what?
the reason im asking is dave pays for nhl tv which streams through the computer but he would like to watch and record on the big tv some matches :)

catrancher
22-04-2012, 03:09 PM
can you link via a non hdmi cable?

Not as far as I know. Apple TV requires HDMI.

There may be alternatives that don't require HDMI though. I believe Roku (http://www.roku.com/) is one of them and they were talking about having them available in the UK sometime early this year but I don't know where that stands. However, without HDMI, it would be standard definition only.

Tom (:macwave:... I gotta buy a new TV!)

Mari
22-04-2012, 04:20 PM
You can also stream photos or videos from your iphone or ipad, and I think you can also use it with your kindle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveann
22-04-2012, 04:50 PM
dave says thanks he will check it out :)

josh.p.
22-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I absolutely love mine so far :yes: We've watched all of the Disney parades through Youtube on it and looked through loads of photos too. I just want to lick the remote!

Jax1970
27-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know if the US version is the same as the UK version? Wondering if it might be worth picking one up next week?

catrancher
28-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I sooooo want one of these gadgets!

I just wish my old, current television would go ahead and die so I could replace it with a clear conscience. :sigh:

Tom (:macwave:... perhaps if I left it out in the rain? :unsure:)

Britchick
28-04-2012, 01:07 PM
I sooooo want one of these gadgets!

I just wish my old, current television would go ahead and die so I could replace it with a clear conscience. :sigh:

Tom (:macwave:... perhaps if I left it out in the rain? :unsure:)

it's always the same isn't it, want something to die and it lives on and on and on. Love something and need it and it gives up and cokes it! :point:

catrancher
28-04-2012, 01:16 PM
it's always the same isn't it, want something to die and it lives on and on and on. Love something and need it and it gives up and cokes it! :point:

Too true. Too true. Sadly... :sigh:

Tom (:macwave:... owner of the never ending television...)

Southern Dad
29-04-2012, 05:37 PM
You can connect Apple TV to a DVI using an HDMI to DVI cable. I use a DVI monitor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD