PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite Snack or Counter Service at Animal Kingdom

Wendy
08-05-2012, 03:48 PM
In all the years we've been going, we have never eaten anything at Animal Kingdom. We tend to go for snacks or counter service, so I was wondering what your favourite snack or counter service food was.

foreverducky
08-05-2012, 03:57 PM
To be honest, I'm usually only at AK for about half a day. So my snack tends to be ice cream related. It's so hot there, so I want something to help cool me off.

montymouse
08-05-2012, 04:08 PM
In all the years we've been going, we have never eaten anything at Animal Kingdom. We tend to go for snacks or counter service, so I was wondering what your favourite snack or counter service food was.

We really enjoyed the Restaurantsaurus quick service in dinoland. I think it used to be a MacDonalds but their chicken was great and an added bonus of a salad bar serving free mushrooms, fried onions, peppers and lettuce and tomato. It was spotlessly clean and great service. Lots of tables and good decor. Worth a try for a quick eat!

uscwest
08-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Flame Tree BBQ

MystikPiglit
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Flame Tree BBQ. Pleasant food and nice shady seats. :)

Britchick
08-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Flame tree BBQ for counter service although i liked the Yak and Yeti Restaurant so would probably like the counter service. For snack -frozen chocolate covered banana

Tink
09-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Tusker House walk up window. They change their offerings from time to time. We liked an appetizer at Yak and Yeti, but haven't been back there since it's opening (so how good could we have found it)? :unsure:

We didn't care for the BBQ at all. :sorry: The Pizzafari used to have a nice sandwich, not sure if it's still there?

Snacks? I almost always like popcorn.

Isafari
09-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Without a doubt it's the Yak & Yeti counter service Sweet & Sour with rice for DH and without rice for me (I replace the rice with fries)

Wendy
09-05-2012, 08:41 AM
It's interesting that a lot of people like the Flame Tree BBQ, what makes you go back there, the food or the convenience.

I've never liked the look of the Yak and Yeti Counter Service, the area where the seats are always looks messy so that would put me off :lol:

Since I've been doing the menus, I've seen a few things I would like to try. I quite like the sound of the pulled pork - but I know it won't be anything like Yellow Dog, so I don't know :lol:

I've never had popcorn at any of the parks, I like it covered in caramel not salt :lol: Has anyone tried the sping rolls?

uscwest
09-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Flame tree BBQ for counter service although i liked the Yak and Yeti Restaurant so would probably like the counter service. For snack -frozen chocolate covered banana Neither of us are fond of the Yak and Yeti CS although the egg rolls aren't all that bad. We both like eating at the sit down however.

We haven't eaten anything from Tusker House since they converted it to the buffet. Actually I didn't even know there was a walk up except for breakfast items.

Tink
10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Wendy, you can get caramel popcorn in Germany in the WS, and in some of the candy shops throughout the other parks and DTD. :yes:

Wendy
10-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Wendy, you can get caramel popcorn in Germany in the WS, and in some of the candy shops throughout the other parks and DTD. :yes:

Oh dear :lol: :lol: you know what I'm like for sweet things :lol: thank you :D

Tink
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
If you get it at the shop in Germany it's freshly made. :D

Wendy
10-05-2012, 11:12 AM
If you get it at the shop in Germany it's freshly made. :D

:lol: stop it :lol: Chris is going to give me one of those looks when we get to Germany :lol: :lol:

Johnie
10-05-2012, 07:57 PM
We have usually eaten at Rainforest Cafe if we are having a big meal at AK.

Counter service, we've tried them all. I didn't care for Flame Tree. For me it's too hot at AK (all of the time it seems!) to eat outside. Plus I didn't like their bbq (too sweet) but I haven't been there in YEARS! Tusker House was really nice when it wasn't a buffet (it STILL is nice but you need an ADR now). Pizzafari is ok. We usually have salad and breadsticks. It's big plus is that it is air conditioned :-) Same with the one over in dinoland that I can't think of the name of.

We do like the egg rolls at Yak & Yeti cs.

Typically a snack at AK is a popcisle or frozen lemonaid. Sometimes watermelon or grapes from one of the stands.

Britchick
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM

Wendy you have to try that, it's just the best!

Wendy
10-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Wendy you have to try that, it's just the best!

Oh don't, not you as well :lol: I have a terrible sweet tooth and I don't need much encouragement :lol:

Johnie
10-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Ohhhhh the new caramel shop in Germany has sooooooo many good things.

Tink
11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Oh don't, not you as well :lol: I have a terrible sweet tooth and I don't need much encouragement :lol:

Sometimes if you get to Germany just at the right time, they've just made the caramel corn and it's still warm. :D :D :D

Britchick
11-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Sometimes if you get to Germany just at the right time, they've just made the caramel corn and it's still warm. :D :D :D

Sooooooo delicious when warm mmmmmm :happybounce:

Wendy
11-05-2012, 09:01 AM

Sooooooo delicious when warm mmmmmm :happybounce:

Will you two please behave yourselves :lol: :lol:

Tink
11-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Well I thought we were behaving quite nicely! We're sharing our very best information. :yes: :D

uscwest
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I must be one of the few people in this world who really doesn't care all that much for caramel corn. I've never tasted the stuff in Germany.

Wendy
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Well I thought we were behaving quite nicely! We're sharing our very best information. :yes: :D

You were :D but instead of going to the bakery in France, you know where I will be dragging Chris when we get to Epcot :lol:

Britchick
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM

I think she's being very ungrateful Tink :yes: :tongue:

I must be one of the few people in this world who really doesn't care all that much for caramel corn. I've never tasted the stuff in Germany.

:insane: :lol:

Tink
12-05-2012, 12:31 AM
I think we should go to France and get some tasty morsel there, and pick up some caramel corn at Germany and bring our treats on the drive to Yalaha Bakery. :D :D

Brit, you MUST find your way there! :yes:

Southern Dad
13-05-2012, 10:36 PM
McDonald's French Fries at Animal Kingdom rock. Yes, I know they are over priced and you can find fries at every McDonald's but they hit the spot at WDW for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD