PDA

View Full Version : New job

foreverducky
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I was offered a job, for after internship, and I have accepted. :applaudit:

It's less money (a lot less), but I think I will be much happier. I'm super excited. So, when internship is over, I will have a job (so glad I'm wanted). I have to be supervised for one more year and then I can apply for licensure, but that's okay.

:chdance:

Wendy
09-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh Billie that it fantastic news :mental: :mental: I am so pleased for you :hug2: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

josh.p.
09-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I was offered a job, for after internship, and I have accepted. :applaudit:

It's less money (a lot less), but I think I will be much happier. I'm super excited. So, when internship is over, I will have a job (so glad I'm wanted). I have to be supervised for one more year and then I can apply for licensure, but that's okay.

:chdance:
Amazing news! :hug2: :mental: Congratulations

Britchick
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM
fantastic news Billie, so pleased for you!

Deafjeff
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
:mental: congratulations!!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rq3szb

foreverducky
09-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you! It totally made my day! Heck, it makes my year. :D

Johnie
10-05-2012, 01:05 AM
YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Where is the job? Will you be moving again?

Tink
10-05-2012, 01:16 AM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! I am so pleased for you!!!

foreverducky
10-05-2012, 10:43 AM
YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Where is the job? Will you be moving again?

Yepper, I'll definitely be moving again. But hopefully, after that I won't be moving for about 5 years. At least that's the plan as of now. I want to settle for a while. The position is in MO. Never lived in MO. Right in the middle of tornado alley. It'll be like when I was in FL. I'll make a survival kit and pray no tornados come by while I'm there.

Thanks for all the support guys. Many friends/family think I'm making a stupid decision, as I chose the place with less money, compared the place with all the benefits and money.

Kate
10-05-2012, 10:55 AM
You made the right choice, its awful being stuck in a job that makes you miserable no matter what the money is! This is your life, you want to be happy!

Congratulations!!! :happybounce: :mental:

uscwest
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Congratulations Billie, it sounds like you are making the proper move. It sounds similar to a move that I made when I got out of the Air Force, electing to stay in Omaha, NE rather than move back here to the East Coast for probably a lot more money. But, had I not taken that job, who knows if I would have gotten back to Europe again, let alone live there for 9 years, not counting the 4 I lived there in the AF.

Wendy
10-05-2012, 11:14 AM
You spend a long time working and just because it pays well and has great benefits, if it's in a job you don't like it will make you miserable and get you down. Follow your heart Billie, I think you've made the right choice :hug2:

catrancher
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Congratulations Billie!

If you followed your heart, you did the right thing. No matter what anyone else tells you. :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... I should follow my own advice so well...)

Watchinherskip
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Way to go Billie! Wow, I have known you for such a long time, I sort of feel like you are sort of like our own kid here. Kudos on your career plans. This is going to be another adventure for you.

Dorothy
10-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I am so happy for you and YEP, always follow your heart :thumbsup:

Have you found a place to live there yet??

foreverducky
12-05-2012, 09:54 AM
I haven't found a place to live yet, I'm actively working on it. The cost of living is fantastic there and I believe I'll be able to rent a small house, which I'm thrilled about.

Tink
12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry some of the important people in your life don't support your decision 100%. :(

It's your life, Dr. Ducky and only you will be living it. Make the choices that suit you, and that allow you to accomplish what YOU want to accomplish.

I've never lived in MO either, so will do so vicariously through you! With a good cost of living you may well end up with being able to start a bank account, and save a tidy sum.

Now listen to your olllllllld friend. I know you are YOUNG, but START A RETIREMENT FUND. Did you hear me? Open a Roth, or some other type of fund where you can make regular contributions. Stop smiling that young smile and JUST DO IT. :hug2:

There. That's my best advice. :D

foreverducky
12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Tink, I most definitely want to start a retirement fund. I will obviously have to do something on my own since I will be working in a private practice situation.

That reminds me, I have to find my own health insurance. :unsure:

Tink
12-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Yes, yes, yes. Do BOTH of those things before you decide how much you can spend on rent, etc. If you don't take care of yourself, there is no Dr. Ducky so priorities first! :D Oh, don't I sound so very boring?! :redface:

So! When do you think you'll be moving? What sort of work will you be doing (general sense, don't mean to ask for specific answers).

foreverducky
12-05-2012, 01:29 PM
To be honest, since I will not have my license yet, the first 6 months I won't be able to afford either insurance or savings. But after that, it will be a priority. Trust me.

I hope to start driving on the 11th of August and arriving to MO on the 12th. I'll have to stop off in the middle for the night because it's an 18 hour drive from WV. It will be private practice, so the world will be my oyster. Everything can walk through the door. However, I believe I will be doing some parental fitness evaluations and they have contracts with EAPs. I want to do therapy mostly though.

Tink
12-05-2012, 01:31 PM
That is a wonderful experience! You'll get a bit of everything! One disagreement from me. You can't afford to NOT put your health insurance and retirement first. :hug2: If you must choose between the two, gamble on the retirement funding. You are young and healthy and might be able to squeak by without health insurance, but let's face it... aging is never escapable. :D :D

Yes, it's a long drive and you do need to sleep over. :yes: Find a clean place now. :lol: (I figure I might as well continue to boss you around a bit more).

I'm glad you'll have Arthur with you. :yes:

foreverducky
12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
:lol: I know you boss, because you care. :D

Just so you know, I'm currently looking into the differences on the retirement accounts. It's like a foreign language. :unsure:

Tink
12-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Yep. It is a foreign language. :sorry: I'd suggest you go to a financial planner, but so many of them work on commission which compromises their information to you. On the other hand, they are free, and will still sell you a good product. Cadaret and Grant financial planners have good reputations.

Or you can choose something simple for now that is never a wrong idea (again, like a Roth IRA) and get fancier over time. One of the beauties of a Roth is that the money put in is already taxed and therefore when you draw it out, it won't be taxed.

However, another option for you (since you are so young) is to go with a pretax contribution fund, which will lower your income for taxes now. Then of course, when you draw it out you'll pay taxes, but it will be on the retirement rate (which will be less than what you were making when you were working) so it's not as high a tax.

Yep. Foreign language. :sigh: